My good deed for the day.

jeep4me

I'm not trying to gloat here, so please don't take it that way. Just thought I'd share this story with you all.

This morning I took my son to work. He busses tables at a small restaurant. I took my oldest daughter with us and the two of us enjoyed breakfast while my son worked. As I waited at the cashiers counter, I overheard the conversation of the cashier and the young lady in front of me. It seemed her credit card kept getting rejected. As did her ATM debit card.
The young woman returned to her table and told her husband what was happening. ( They were seated right next to the cashier) They started calling people on their phones, I assumed to have them come and pay their bill. I stepped aside to let the person behind me cash out. I noticed the gal start to cry as neither her or her husband could contact someone to help them out.
I told my oldest daughter I needed to help these two. I've been in their shoes and wished someone could have helped me. I handed the cashier enough money to cover their meal, then paid for my own.
My daughter and I left, and I felt a little better about myself.

Great feeling to offer a hand to a strange and yes you should share and you got my thumbs up for it :thumbsup:. And you set a great example to your daughter to see her dad's soft giving side.
Steve :scooter:

jeep4me

Thanks guys.

It just felt right to help those two out.

However, I do have issues with handing money to the panhandlers that stand at street corners. I know some of them probably do need the money, but I've also seen the stories of those that just run over to the liquor store and buy a pack of smokes and a bottle beer.:shrug:

Nothing better than "paying it forward". So glad you posted this as a reminder to all of us. There are so many things we can do, big and small, to help someone in need. Great post:thumbsup:

Great move Steve--got to make you feel good. Being kind to mankind these days is rare--it says alot about your base personality--kudos to you.