my minibike just kicked my @ss

it has a possesed 3.5 hp briggs and stratton engine that cannot and i mean CANNOT be fixed. theres something wrong with the carb and i brought it to 3 lawnmower shops. they fixed it and it ran for a week. but then new problems arose. i got gaskets changed, diaphram and spring replaced, and whole carb cleaned and it still wont work. im gonna dump that engine and get another used one. i have been narrowed down to 2 choices, 5hp briggs, or 5.5 hp honda. im not considering a clone because ive heard bad things about them. i was wondering which one will fit better? i dont care about height but i do care about width. both the 5hp briggs and the 5.5hp honda will fit but which one is the least widest. whatever is the least widest i will pick. both will make the minibike lopsided but theres nothing i can do :( so what should i do? and does anybody have a good 3 or 3.5 or 4 hp carb?

maddcarson

I would go with a flathead. My sears frame was build to a 3hp flathead and i tried to fit my clone in there and the carb hit the frame. So i put a 5hp briggs and it fits nice

I would go with a flathead. My sears frame was build to a 3hp flathead and i tried to fit my clone in there and the carb hit the frame. So i put a 5hp briggs and it fits nice
they would both fit its just that i want to get whatever is the least wide. does anybody know the exact measurement (from recoil to end of shaft) of the briggs 5hp and the honda gx 160?