my name is johnny and i love mini bikes

Hi there my name johnny, I own a race car chassis shop that builds sprint cars and midgets. Over the last 3 months I've started to play around with the mini bikes. I am having s ball with it. This is what I got I think, sears and roebuck- 4hp, 2 speed,
What I would like to know from dome you more knowledgeable folks is.
1. Year
2. Motor make

I also have a speedway scorpion

Last edited:

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. There will be someone who chimes in who knows what you have. Another Texas fab guy. Love the sprints and midgets. Winged sprints are the only way to fly.

I'm in st Louis, we just moved our shop over to the lemp brewery warehouses, I want to get this thing running so I can ride it to my for and around town, ant one know how I can or if its possible to run s headlights and tail light?

Johnny, I built a side car for a mini I use as a pit bike. The first design was a rigid mount, rode it twice. The rigid mount turns 1 direction well the other it takes alot of weight transfer to make it turn. The rigid mount also does not respond well to hitting bumps with the side car wheel. Second design I used a articulating design with a hinged joint between the side car and the bike. This is a much better design, you ride the bike like you normaly would, leaning the bike left and right. Bumps do not effect the side car, and the bike can be turned around easily on a narrow road. My side car is just a platform to carry a large tool box on that I use to carry my track gear in, but a body could easily be built on it to give it a more finished look. Good luck with your build.

crime capitol of the usa unfortunately:thumbsup:
WOW ... "Crime Capital of the USA" ... "Unfortunately" ... Dang bro you don't have to hang here ... Adding the :thumbsup: doesn't make your comment correct or any better :doah: ... Come on now :doah:... Give it a rest

Last edited:
dang rockwall, i was just letting him know what they label st.louis, i am fine here, as i do not live in north city, i am in the county, but crime is everywhere.you just gotta be careful where you go, just like most states.

dang rockwall, i was just letting him know what they label st.louis, i am fine here, as i do not live in north city, i am in the county, but crime is everywhere.you just gotta be careful where you go, just like most states.
Sorry bro ... I took it as welcome to the OldMiniBikes side of the story with all of the "Moderator type " members keeping newbies in line ... My bad :doah: