My new Plum Crazy toy truck

Well I sold off my VW cabriolet to free up some money for a truck. Was looking to do a 50's rat rod but after looking for awhile I found this truck, its newer but has some cool aspects and being a little newer it has more of the creature comforts already built in that I would have to modify in a 50's truck. Its a factory original 1970 dodge d200 "plum crazy purple", 383, automatic,PS, PB, optional bucket seats, heavy duty gauges and carpeting. Plus it came from the original owners son so its not been changed all up by rodders, has the original am radio (still works perfectly), came with a set of american racing old aluminum directionals, but when I went to look at the truck he says "oh and if you want I have the original wheels and all the hubcaps with new tires my dad bought", let me think...uh yeah!!:thumbsup:
When he pulled it out of the barn to use it after about a decade of sitting he put all new brakes on it and rebuilt the tranny cuz it had leaked all the fluid out from sitting.
Only thing I've done so far is change the oil and restore the hubcaps.
So while I can't show it in Pre 65 shows or anything like that it will still be a great cruiser and elligeble for Good Guys shows cuz there Pre 72.
Plus for pulling my car trailer, & other trailers I have this little darling will do just fine, and gotta love the old sweptline body (few old man dents, but for a dodge its straight and has next to no rust, cab mounts are perfect and still plum crazy purple!). Got the power to pass everthing but a gas station:laugh:
My first MOPAR. We had a 64 powerwagon when I was a kid but my dad sold it before I was 16, I only got to drive it in the hay field:sad: I loved that truck so i guess I'm reliving a little childhood:thumbsup:

You should be able to pick something up from 1000.00 - 2500.00. The guy was stuck firm on $2500 on this one and it was what I wanted because of the unique options and it fit my needs best being a 3/4 ton for towing and I really liked that it had a big block 383.
But that being said if you dont need one as heavy there is a 1969 dodge 1/2 ton with a 318 2wd in powder blue sitting next to my friends house for sale for $1300 that the body and paint looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Now i think that truck is way under priced and if he advertised it it would be gone. And if I get some extra money together it will be:laugh: But I would just list it at sweptline.org and sell it for profit. Also the 67-72 chevy trucks are starting to come back to reality in price and those are good trucks in this price range. And parts are everywhere for the chevys.:thumbsup:
I'm not a ford guy so I cant help you much on those.:shrug:

TomH

The Dodge is in the back ground, I can't get to photobucket for some reason. I have better ones there. It is pretty cool, lowered, cop wheels widened on the back.

i love mopar my 1st car was an 1980 volarie that ran for ev then i had a 1987? duster 2.2 till the head gasket went out & an early 80s rampage till the head gasket went out... a couple horizns, a 79 short box with 360 and nopw im on my 3rd dakota 91,92,&98
:thumbsup:

Well I new my friends neighbors truck was to cheap at $1300. He advertised it Friday and A guy flew in from Arizona and bought it, then drove it back. It was a super nice truck and I definately would have taken the trip with no worries. But I had seen the truck a lot, this guy bought it sight unseen and went for it!:thumbsup: He said he'd call from Arizone once he got home. Now thats confidence. I'm possitive the truck will make it fine:thumbsup: I should have bought it but oh well.:shrug:

Well I new my friends neighbors truck was to cheap at $1300. He advertised it Friday and A guy flew in from Arizona and bought it, then drove it back. It was a super nice truck and I definately would have taken the trip with no worries. But I had seen the truck a lot, this guy bought it sight unseen and went for it!:thumbsup: He said he'd call from Arizone once he got home. Now thats confidence. I'm possitive the truck will make it fine:thumbsup: I should have bought it but oh well.:shrug:
Dang, now I feel like I missed out.