My newest find! Alsport Tri-Sport RTS?

CaptNugget

Picked this sweet little puppy up last night. I believe it's a Alsport RTS model but not positive. Can anyone tell which model it is? Seat has some damage but I think it should be pretty easy fixes. (Looks to rub on front for some reason). It's been too cold to look at it closely yet. It came with a Polaris 340 motor (or so I was told, haven't done research yet). Just thought I'd share and see if I can find out exact model to start getting info and parts for her.
Usually I kno before I buy em what color I wanna do em but I didn't even think about this one. Any suggestions?

yep RTS

same as ours

not sure if the triple trees hit the body on all of them but ours does makes a mess of the front of the bodywork..i'm going to put some stops on ours.

Last edited:
Yup you got you an RTS there.
Looks like its missing the engine plate and a few parts. You won't want to run that air cooled engine in the Trisport in anything but frigid temps. You need a fan cooled snowmobile engine so you don't overheat in the summer.

Well the trike from the front ahead of the seat looks standard but that torque converter is not a Tri-Sport issue what I would like to see is more pictures of the business end of the trike like the brakes and the differential
Steve

CaptNugget

Figured it wAs... I believe there is a few models of RTS series, any clue which this is? Standard RTS.. Yeah I dropped the $150 he wanted for the frame and he was goin to keep motor to sell but I got it thrown in for another $20, I figured hell the clutch is worth that. In the middle of redoing my BGW Tri-Rod so it'll be a bit before this one. I'm stuck, I have 6 trikes now 1 is 99% but rideable, in middle of #2, and I don't know which to start next! Lol

just got mine moving with the wrong clutch. Not super fast yet but definitely fun. Looks like you are missing the motor compartment cover too.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Great find, That Free Air engine will have lots of snap but, should not be on the trike.

You need a fan cooled engine, good thing is you have good trade bait with that F/A engine.

Do you have a compression test on it yet ?

just got mine moving with the wrong clutch. Not super fast yet but definitely fun. Looks like you are missing the motor compartment cover too.
The standard RTS wouldn't have that rear engine cover,that came on the RTS-SL. SL for street legal which is the model you got treeguy. Also the front tire is a smaller diameter than on the SL. If I remember correctly the SL also had a front brake in the wheel hub that the RTS didn't.

Thanks for the additional pictures they shoe me things like the differential is a Haxco I had one but sold it but I still have a very good sprocket and I have never seen a band brake around the body of the differential. I would try to make it at least a single disc on the jack shaft an look for a Kelsey Hayes caliper I do have a NOS Kelsey Hayes handlebar Master cylinder if needed.
Steve

Haven't gotten to really look at it yet. I agree with fan cooled being better. The guy said it was running but wouldn't stay running so he took carbs off to clean but lost em while moving. Now that I got some info I can buy a manual or parts list and start getn an idea what I need and how I'm gonna power it. If anyone has one or redid one and it's set up right, pics would be a great help and maybe ideas as to what you had used. I'm excited because it's the only 1 I have with full front/back suspension. Thanks for all the input so far..

wjustice

I ran a freeair engine on mine for a short while. LOTS of trouble with heat. I doubt it will run long even in the cold without overheating. Your looks like a standard RTS and from the dip in the shockmount crossbar, probably had a ccw engine when new. Rear shocks are upside-down. 74s had a wider side on the body, i would say its a 73.

I had a problem on my Street Legal 440 Trike and I was on a ride out to see the Grand Cooley Dam in Washington state and the left side axle pulled out of the universal joint. There was a small Hardware shop open in a little town so I got some parts like a new key and some square top allen bolts that had griping teeth on the bottom. I had loc tight and I was able to get back to the camp ground. I forgot to mention it was 110 degrees in June and that Kohler was sucking down the gas that had about twice the normal oil in the mix I was afraid I would stick a piston in that heat.
Later I drilled all the way through the axle and the universal joints and used long stainless steel allen bolts ran through the parts and nylon lock nuts.
Steve