My windber ride/sprocket help

I think this is going to be my Windber ride:shrug: I can't seem to get my Honda Z50 running. This is the only other bike I have with shocks. (Oh, my Rupp). This is a Badger I had stuffed in the back of the garage. I want to go up the hills, so my question is........The bike has a 75 tooth rear sprocket. I'm going to put a predator in it this weekend. Looks like my choices for a clutch is 12T and 17T. I want it geared LOW :wink: What clutch do I need? Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

If not the definitely the 12t. That's a 6.25:1 final drive. The 17 is 4.41.1. I'd like to see it up around 7:1 for trails but without a js that's not going to happen.

No jack shaft. I don't understand the math on those numbers. Somebody sent me a chart with the ratios and I don't understand. :laugh::laugh: Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

All them nice bikes and you're gonna ride that??:laugh:

I know, suspension.:thumbsup:
I learned my lesson last year:laugh: That is the roughest terrain I have ever seen:laugh::laugh: :scooter: I never even made it to the trails last year. I think I'm going to bring 3 bikes, but not sure which ones yet :eek:ut:

No jack shaft. I don't understand the math on those numbers. Somebody sent me a chart with the ratios and I don't understand. :laugh::laugh: Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:
Anytime. The higher the gear ratio numerically, the lower the speed ( more power). You may be okay with a Predator and the 6.25:1. They have the power to pull you. However, it can be taxing on the clutch. The normal max torque style clutches do not get to cool off until they lock up. Putting around and climbing hills means they are constantly "flashing" and creating heat. That's why the taller gear aids in clutch life on the trails.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am pretty sure with a Predator and your size you will be fine... I had that Trailhorse last year that I sold with just the stock sprocket on the rear and a 10t clutch and was amazed it pulled me up the hill no problem.And I am a little bigger than you...lol

I am pretty sure with a Predator and your size you will be fine... I had that Trailhorse last year that I sold with just the stock sprocket on the rear and a 10t clutch and was amazed it pulled me up the hill no problem.And I am a little bigger than you...lol
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I had no spark so I bought a coil. I set the points but I have intermitten spark. I don't think the compression is so great either. I don't have a compresson tester. The bike was a POS that I bought and thought I could fix it up, but I am running out of time for Windber. Thanks Rob

Karen, With the bumpiness of the terrain at Windber, the one thing you don't need is a lot of speed. Unless your goal is to punish your body and beat the hell out of your bike. A 12 to 72 ratio will pull you up any hill Windber can throw at you and you'll have more speed than you can use. Back in the early 60's the Bug Wasp go karts (I had one) used a 10 or 12 to 72 ratio and you could pull stumps with them. That ratio also allows the clutch to slip less, engage quicker, develop less heat, perform better, and last longer. And if it doesn't work; I'll be the guy at Windber locked inside his Toyota Tundra where you can't get me. Ogy

Karen, With the bumpiness of the terrain at Windber, the one thing you don't need is a lot of speed. Unless your goal is to punish your body and beat the hell out of your bike. A 12 to 72 ratio will pull you up any hill Windber can throw at you and you'll have more speed than you can use. Back in the early 60's the Bug Wasp go karts (I had one) used a 10 or 12 to 72 ratio and you could pull stumps with them. That ratio also allows the clutch to slip less, engage quicker, develop less heat, perform better, and last longer. And if it doesn't work; I'll be the guy at Windber locked inside his Toyota Tundra where you can't get me. Ogy
Thanks Ogy. I just want to putt around without my teeth falling out:laugh::laugh: It will be nice to see you again at Windber:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back won't take it. :laugh: I am not ruining my trip.:shrug:

But, I do get it. All the comments and pics. Oh, boy.
I rode on alot of trails in my day and I must say that Windber is the bumpest:laugh::laugh: Thats because there is a goffer hole every 12 inches:laugh::laugh:

Ron rode the Db with a 7hp clone 12t clutch and stock rear 72t had lots of power but no suspension so the the Badger should work fine :thumbsup:

If you have room throw the old Zee in too if I cant fix it maybe I can buy it lol