Need help for H50 date code

I don't no nothing Eric.....but I think the 1 in the last set of numbers means, 71, 81 or 91 . Sorry not much help. Does it have a metal ID tag ? probably a 1971, stamped in numbers on the blower housing could be 1981 and maybe 1991. But I'm sure someone smarter than me will come along !:laugh:

capguncowboy

248th day of 69.
[MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] those last numbers indicate what production line, etc. They don't normally add anything of value to the discussion

CarPlayLB

Thanks All! This is on an original Gilson trail bike with the spoked wheels. All OG stuff and we wanted to date the bike... no kissing or heavy petting though! Off limits! So I am guessing the bike is 1969 vintage Gilson. Thanks again

markus

Oh yea....I did it again ! [MENTION=5969]markus[/MENTION] What are the last set of numbers for ? 17002 ?
to confuse you :laugh: I think it was a more precise serial numbering system that they used in the 1960's. They were dropped from the tag though roughly end of 1970, so whenever someone just gives you numbers and that extra set is there you know its between 1963-1970 :wink:

Don't take much to confuse me anymore markus !:cursing: :laugh: Thanks for explaining....I was wondering how you new it was a 1969 with out seeing the engine or tag.