Need help with pred 224 and vm22

im pretty sure its the manifold opening, the gasket matches the head perfectly also but not the manifold, can these fakuni kits come that far off tho?

here are a few pics of my inlet tracks but these are ported manifolds and heads so really not a good example.
Tomorrow I'll take a stock manifold and hold it to a unported head and take a photo. Nevertheless its not you issue unless its leaking air.

Attachments

All these slide carb posts makes me want to get one. It can't be this difficult.

But I should leave well enough alone. The stock carb works very well in the RPM range I run and how I ride.
Keep what you have. Do not go buy parts based on what you see on You Tube. Amazon parts are too generic. Modifying an engine or any mechanical beast takes patience and experience. Bolt-on parts usually take a lot of fiddling to get them right.

Does you manifold have the lip seen in these pics around the last 1/4 inch before where it mates to the head, which reduces the opening?
i dont believe it does have the lip pretty sure its all one size just one end has a bigger mating surface then the other, ill take a look tonight after work i have to take carb off to clean anyway as when my air filter fell apart some of the rubber got sucked in and theres lil specs of rubber in the carb

ya mine dont line up like that at all, mine is way off from what that looks like, almost like mine is offset, im not for grinding the head, out of my comfort zone, but i can sure as heck give it a try on the manifold, maybe shave some of the rounded out to match the head more

Last edited:
Keep what you have. Do not go buy parts based on what you see on You Tube. Amazon parts are too generic. Modifying an engine or any mechanical beast takes patience and experience. Bolt-on parts usually take a lot of fiddling to get them right.
nothing truer then this lol patience is key, experience does help, but ya dont learn if ya dont try! just make sure you do your research before hand