Need Jackshaft Assembly

kbak

I'm going to restore a Sears Super 2 Speed Mini Bike (manufactured by Bird). The engine clutch has two sprockets. The sprocket on the rear tire is on the right side. However, the jackshaft assembly is missing.

Does anyone know where I can get a jackshaft assembly? If not, does anyone have any information for the parts which make up the assembly?

I have uploaded pictures, which can be viewed.

I'm going to restore a Sears Super 2 Speed Mini Bike (manufactured by Bird). The engine clutch has two sprockets. The sprocket on the rear tire is on the right side. However, the jackshaft assembly is missing.

Does anyone know where I can get a jackshaft assembly? If not, does anyone have any information for the parts which make up the assembly?

Contact member JPR95 he had some of those assembly's for sale a while back :thumbsup:

You will NOT find the 2-speed jack shaft assembly at OldMiniBikes warehouse. There are members here that sell them on this forum from time to time. You will also need to purchase a (special) 2 sprocket clutch for the engine which I have only seen sold @ BMI Karts ($ 60.00). For some very good reading and education on these unique 2-speed assemblies I would suggest that you perform a search on the "Project Log" topic section, using the search words "Sears Roper Project". My son, "The Ruppster 86" posted a very detailed build thread a couple of years ago, which is one of the all-time most viewed threads on this forum. We have 2 Sears Roper 2-speed minis and they are one of the most comfortable and cool bikes to ride.:scooter:
Michael

kbak

Thanks vwfan79, Fat Boy, and creia. This is my first mini project, and this web site is the best.

Creia, I already read your son's threads and it was most helpful. Now I know what parts I'm missing and how they work. Tell your son that the work he did on his Roper is amazing.

If you're looking for the 2-speed 5/8 jackshaft and a 3/4 bore Max Torque clutch with double sprockets I have a new setup I can sell for $200 shipped, paid over $225 for it. Need a pic?

Will

vwfan79

You will NOT find the 2-speed jack shaft assembly at OldMiniBikes warehouse. There are members here that sell them on this forum from time to time. You will also need to purchase a (special) 2 sprocket clutch for the engine which I have only seen sold @ BMI Karts ($ 60.00). For some very good reading and education on these unique 2-speed assemblies I would suggest that you perform a search on the "Project Log" topic section, using the search words "Sears Roper Project". My son, "The Ruppster 86" posted a very detailed build thread a couple of years ago, which is one of the all-time most viewed threads on this forum. We have 2 Sears Roper 2-speed minis and they are one of the most comfortable and cool bikes to ride.:scooter:
Michael
My bad I missed the 2 speed jack shaft setup part

kbak

Sure misfit, can you send me the pictures?

Yankee-bears, I was looking for pictures of what it looks like, because I never saw one before. I found you picture in the photo gallary. What do you mean it's different than the Roper? Do you mean the bearing mounts?

vwfan79, no problem. I looked on OldMiniBikes warehouse anyway, and I see they have everything except the free wheeling sprocket clutch for first gear, and the centrifugal clutch for second gear. At least I know where to get that. Thanks.

Will get the pics up tomorrow evening kbak, sorry for delay.
Its the same shaft as Yankee-Bears posted, 12t #35 on engine clutch to 24t sprague brg on shaft for first gear, 12t engine clutch to 12t shaft clutch for second gear.

Are you looking for speed or power from your gearing? Do you know what size sprocket is on the rear?

Will