need more power

ok guys, im back after a few months without snow. here's what i got and its not getting the job done.honda 6.5 with these on it now,billet rod.010,alm.flywheel,superxdyno cam,flat top piston,8deg.timing adv.ss valves,molly rods,26#springs,22mm mikuni carb,15cc head ported and polished,not cut,and a draggin skin clutch new but cooked the shoes this weekend in a grass drag at snobash,
so if im leaving anything out sorry but what im looking for are some ideas to put this to the limits,money is not the case,i need to get some ideas from some of you that have built some real mod motors,this is my sons snowmobile that this engine is in and it just is not fast enough for me at this point,im sure a big valve head is going to pop up here in some of your sugg. so put it in your reccomendations if needed,give me some ideas on what i can do to really get this thing to fly,its only for racing,not to play around the yard,so please don't hold back, thanks.

money is not the case when it comes to building a high performance motor,im looking for a direction to maximize this motors racing potenial,we race these little sleds in the grass,snow and where ever, this is for enjoyment and yes some braggin rights.

i would also like to add that if anyone has used parts that might work for my project im interested in hearing about them too,im sure someone that reads this post will have some useful ideas,im willing to do what it takes to get this sled to rip.:grind:

Go to the Raceseng site...start with their 1.8 lb. flywheel and continue shopping. And put a better cam in it...like at least a 275. And knock about .065 off the head. And lose that clutch and get a disc cluth with better adjustability. Just a few suggestion.

i kinda figured the cam was weak as did i with the clutch after it got roasted in the first test run,now you think the flywheel needs to be diffrent too?it is a billit flywheel from akg,now i still have stock rockers in there too and i was wondering about them also,as for the head,don't you think id be better off with the big valve?and what rockers would you reccomend?

Your gonna get your most for the dollar with milling the head. As long as you don't get to silly with the cam size..stock valves will work. But like anything..above a certain size cam you should go with bigger valves. As for the flywheel..lighter means less recipricating mass...faster RPM's..etc. Go check out the site...and they have alot of info. I personally run the 1.2 and 1.3 roller rockers from the same place. There are sooo many things to do for those motors and so little page space.:laugh:

well i checked out that site,looks good,i will mill the head,i have the org. head that has been milled and 3 angle valve job but it was the 22cc head,as for the flywheel,looks like ill do that too,ill just sell my other one seeing it has less than an hour on it and as for a cam ill ask you again what i should use in your opion?i kinda thought for 50 bucks i got what i paid for.and i think i need to upgrade those rockers i really dont trust them honda rockers.

saftypin im turning about 7300 rpm,give or take,im not on it and the tach doesn't have a recall, but it was geared 14 front and 32 rear,and it was not at all to my sastisfaction,im leaning more towards the cam,it was a super dyno x cam and i knew i should of went bigger :hammer:

saftypin im turning about 7300 rpm,give or take,im not on it and the tach doesn't have a recall, but it was geared 14 front and 32 rear,and it was not at all to my sastisfaction,im leaning more towards the cam,it was a super dyno x cam and i knew i should of went bigger :hammer:
If you want a big cam your gona need work done to you block so the cam clears. I think 275+ lift needs the work done to the block .under 275 just slides in. Smallenginecams.com sells the black mamba cam for real cheap . It has 270 lift . I turn 8k easy with it . I pretty much have the same set up as you just the cam is different. If you want more power still ,get a bigger head ,piston, dualsprings,& cam. There's so much to do to these things . Search the forum there's plenty of info on here. Good luck.

:shrug:will the custom ground .276 lift cam with a 246* duration @.050 lift work with my motor?
Hi collinsdad,
That cam will make more power at a higher rpm, but that cam is also available with much higher lobe lift with the same duration @ .050" (more bang for your buck). Also, The cam will work best if you get a larger carburetor and larger valves (and a head ported by MiniDragBike) so that those items don't become a "choke point" for the air flow.
Tim

Dude, dont do it. Find the top guys in snow mobiles and check with them. Most all of them have back up motors or can put you in touch with who has what. Ive learned this from cars.

I spent 25,000 having this engine put together. You can buy em all day for 7,000 used but freshened up ready to go.

You will prob get more power than you ever thought going to the guys that race them suckas. Prob cheaper too.

Dude, dont do it. Find the top guys in snow mobiles and check with them. Most all of them have back up motors or can put you in touch with who has what. Ive learned this from cars.

I spent 25,000 having this engine put together. You can buy em all day for 7,000 used but freshened up ready to go.

You will prob get more power than you ever thought going to the guys that race them suckas. Prob cheaper too.
mdb and tim are the top guys .eeeerrrrrr. stick to cars dude. Were talking Gx/clones here not cars.