New 212 Predator swap.. intermittent spark.. Help!

Everything is as it should be but it just wont start! Pulled the plug and it sparks nice and strong about once every 15 pulls. maybe a bad plug but I hooked an allen wrench into the plug cap and held it against the head and it does the same thing, Anybody have any ideas? :shrug:

HEY...Thanks! that worked, she started right up, I let it idle for 5 minutes and drove it around the neighborhood, Power level was Waaaaaayyyyy better than the old 2.8, I can tell I'm going to be a lot happier with the 212cc predator engine. It's 9:00 at night and with the new shotgun header from hotrodminibike.com I thought my neighbors wouldn't appreciate the noise. so I put it away till tomorrow. I broke the fuel shutoff knob during the install, are parts available for the predator motor or do I need to fab something?

Probably easier to buy a new carb. I might have an extra knob on a carb here somewhere. If so I'll send it to you. You may also be able to find an in-line shutoff for cheap.

bandit 40

You don't have to buy a new carb. These parts are available anywhere. Post what you need in the wanted section someone Im sure will have one floating around for almost nothing. And there easy to change.

Last edited:
Probably easier to buy a new carb. I might have an extra knob on a carb here somewhere. If so I'll send it to you. You may also be able to find an in-line shutoff for cheap.

Thanks for the offer, If you do find one PM me and I will buy it from you and pay for shipping!

You don't have to buy a new carb. These parts are available anywhere. Post what you need in the wanted section someone Im sure will have one floating around for almost nothing. And there easy to change.
Thanks for the idea, I just placed an ad in the wanted classifieds, maybe someone will have a spare.