New 6.5 on RUPP CONT.

set my new h/f 6.5 on my 66 rupp cont. the shroud sits on the right foot peg and it needs a 1/4'' shim. should i put a solid 1/4'' plate under it ,,are should i just shim in the hole areas.---NEXT???? can't remove the fuel tank cap cause it hits the top bars. i know i'll have to remove the tank,,so i'll have to fab. one to set atop the bars.ANY IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS?????
ole pete

i have no thoughts on them. why not just bolt the motor to the frame?

i'm not even totally sure what shims you're talking about. do you have some pics?

125ccCrazy

set my new h/f 6.5 on my 66 rupp cont. the shroud sits on the right foot peg and it needs a 1/4'' shim. should i put a solid 1/4'' plate under it ,,are should i just shim in the hole areas.---NEXT???? can't remove the fuel tank cap cause it hits the top bars. i know i'll have to remove the tank,,so i'll have to fab. one to set atop the bars.ANY IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS?????
ole pete
I'd suggest a full plate so the whole engine has a solid flat area to set on, if you just shim the ears where the bolts go through you will take a chance of them cracking and breaking off since all the strain and weight will be directed to those points..