New air compressor

old-timer

Scamming Member
Picked up a new compressor at a great price. I've been looking for something bigger than the little pancake style one I had, but didn't have the money to buy what I really wanted. Got a flier from Tractor Supply and they had a 26gal Job Smart compressor that I couldn't pass up for the price. I liked this one because it has a steal cylinder and parts are easy to get should I need any in the future . I have a friend who works at my local Tractor Supply and he told me he bought one 2ys ago and uses it pretty much daily and has had no issues with it.

Now I know this is still small compared to what some of you have, but it has plenty of air to fit my needs, and keeps up great. Wound up costing me nothing, as I sold my other compressor to my son inlaw for the same price :thumbsup:

JobSmart® 1-1/2 HP (Running) 26 Gallon Oil Lubricated Vertical Air Compressor - Tractor Supply Online Store

If your not looking for anything super big, this is a great little compressor and will run most air tools grinders ect. Even keeps up with my sand blaster cab if your just doing small parts, and you sure cant beat the price.

Vic

old-timer

Scamming Member
Projects ya say.......like a Foooooxxxxxxx????:laugh:

Yeah Tom, now you've gone and got me excited to do something with mine, plus I have a few others to figure out what I want to do with them.
Mine's pretty rough compared to yours, but I guess I gotta do something with it sooner or later :shrug:

Plus.... we still have this years build off to think about :biggrin:
You joining in this year?

Vic

buckeye

Naah, bust my competition skills last year. :shrug:

Mine was kinda rough to. With that UP military paint job.

I will admit, when they painted it, they must have stripped the factory paint. The camo came off pretty easy. Right down to bare metal with a little easy off heavy duty over cleaner. Then easy finish up with wire wheel. And hand sanded the rest.

You can do it Vic.:thumbsup:

old-timer

Scamming Member
Naah, bust my competition skills last year. :shrug:

Mine was kinda rough to. With that UP military paint job.

I will admit, when they painted it, they must have stripped the factory paint. The camo came off pretty easy. Right down to bare metal with a little easy off heavy duty over cleaner. Then easy finish up with wire wheel. And hand sanded the rest.

You can do it Vic.:thumbsup:
Mines got about 4 brush paint jobs on it :doah: It's going to be quite a job getting down through all that. I should just strip it down and send it out to get blasted, but I just spent my last $25.00 to renew my supporting membership :laugh:

buckeye

That should come off easy.
Get a can of Easy Off, extra strength, spray it down heavy.
Put it in a heavy duty plastic bag overnight. Taaaadaa, crap will come right off. A little wire brushing and gone gone gone. Take ya about two hours.:thumbsup: