New Coleman CT200U Owner from Alabama

Well bought me one of these bikes at Walmart the other day on clearance for $250!

Being the type of person that can't stand bone stock, I hope to dig into some mods for this cool mini bike.

Also, seeing as I don't have any land to really ride it on, most of my driving will be in the neighborhood.

I'm gonna try and see if I can get this thing registered as a motorcycle and get a plate (trying to avoid trouble). Hardest part right now is finding DOT tires.

Greetings..welcome that was super buy..maybe someone can help you with input on that legal stuff in Coleman group...these only "street" tires i know of..says not for on road use ..now if those can slip thru in your state because they look street..unclear https://www.2wheel.com/kenda-k572-r...&expmt=&qry=&gclid=CLCz9Nm8wNECFYokhgodMtIJtQ

Thanks, I saw those. I don't know if inspectors do just a quick glance or if they actually look for a "DOT" lettering on the tire. Maybe if they see a tire that looks more like a street tire they won't look as hard.

buckeye

Welcome fellow Alabamian.
Fairhope.
Get that thing ready to ride.
May 19th-21st Mini Bike Mania VI, Lucedale, Mississippi.
Come on down.

Thanks, I saw those. I don't know if inspectors do just a quick glance or if they actually look for a "DOT" lettering on the tire. Maybe if they see a tire that looks more like a street tire they won't look as hard.
You will have MANY more significant challenges to get that Coleman bike street legal than just the tires.
Michael

You will have MANY more significant challenges to get that Coleman bike street legal than just the tires.
Michael
First hurdle is getting the MSO from Coleman and getting it signed by the walmart manager.

I've read a review that said you call Coleman and give them the VIN and they will send you an MSO!