New DB Guy

Hi all,
I am new here, but I’ve been working on one of these bikes for my neighbor for a few years. Yesterday he told me to take the DB 30 home, or he was going to throw it out. So here I am…
The bike is in rough shape, the kids ran it without ever cleaning it and my neighbor did not even attempt to maintain the bike. The only attention the bike ever had was when he would ask me to get it going for his kids.

So now it is mine, and after spending a little time here on the site, I have some plans. :thumbsup:

A few before pics...

Now I need to decide on an engine...the new Harbor Freight engines do not sound that great.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am not a clone fan personally, they are cheap and fast but, I would get a briggs and strattonm or even a tecumseh If you do that you can give your new mini bike a vintage mini bike vibe. :thumbsup:

Welcome! If I were you I would try to get the older Clone engine from Harbor Freight (blue gas tank) or the Briggs and Stratton engines like Clayon mentioned. Good luck :scooter:

tear that crappy engine off clean her up and get some new wheel bearings a conversion plate from cjtmini and put a nice briggs modified flatty and your good to go!!:scooter::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I am considering a GX160 build for the bike. I found an engine close to home and I am considering a rebuild/build up.

Also, I see a few clone engines for sale on some of the cart sites. Are these the same as the old harbor freight motors? Or are they better?

Update...
I found a good deal on a Honda GX160 engine near home....now the fun starts. I am planning on an intake kit and exhaust to kick this thing off.