new guy needs help from the "masters"

dbone

hello guys in a 45 year old austin texas cop, when i was around 4-5 i think my dad had a minibike like this one, i want to know what frame id need to build one just like it, but with springer forks.

dad called his "PURPLE PEOPLE EATER" he passed away 3 years ago and i just now found this site and want to build one so i can show my boys how fun they are.

also if i wanted the most hottest engine for it like in drag bike class all polished out ideas???

please call me at my work 512-854-3451 or email me there as well with any info on this bike and or help you guys can give me thanks alot... email: donnie.williamson@ci.austin.tx.us

kbs8ball

Just playin man...I guess the law is welcome here too...why you guys always hassle us minibikers though?? just wondering...anyway...that bike belongs to Westy I believe...Very nice bike...kawasaki coyote...his has a west bend motor on it...PM him im sure he will give you the details. and Welcome to the forum.

I like Cop's they would give me a free ride any time I want,,,,,,,,,,,, it usually only takes one or two shots. :thefinger:

Really though, are you sure it's that frame because theres alot of mini's that look alot alike to the untrained eye. ( even trained cops eyes :doah: )

Could have been a Taco or Rutman or,,,, it's never endless. Try looking at pic's here and at minidoodle.com. :thumbsup:

As already stated, many, many bikes have similar characteristics. In some cases, only the names have been changed, (to protect the innocent).
There are numerous avenues to building the bike of your memories, but without knowing just what it was, you'll never be sure.
It might be a lot easier to get a frame, or running example, of one you like and use it as your base point. You can also build your own frame or buy just the frame.
Check out some of the advertisers. There are those that sell frames and frame kits. If you're gonna build it, might as well build exactly what you want.
Don't let them dump on you about the job. They haven't thrown me out yet. Of course, I retired 15 years ago, so that may have something to do with it.

dbone

hahahha no problem hot rodders? sure im also building a 11 sec street legal v8 72 vega gt hot 350... anyone have a frame forks and wheels they wanna sell me to get this project started?? you guys rock and for all others SURE you can ride in my neighborhood...