New guy Speedway Scarab

Among all of my other vehicular project chaos I acquired a 1970 Speedway Scarab frame only. That said doing research on the bike led me here. So now I have a few questions before I start snagging parts that won't work. What forks are compatible with these frames? What's available aftermarket for forks? Is there anyone re-popping the serial number tag for these? What length rear spring shocks are suggested? I already have a set of 10" Sun/Warsaw wire wheels on the way. My intentions are for a early custom look not a restoration. So, I'll be on the lookout locally for a 70s engine (I know I'll need an angled intake thanks to this forum). Thanks for any info. Looks like this is THE place for this!

Ding Ding

Welcome to the forum.

Your best bet for a set of forks is using a set of 70 or 71 Speedway forks. I am not aware of any others that will work, but that isn't to say you couldn't make something work. If I recall, the shocks should be around 13" eye to eye. An angled intake is not necessary if you use a diaphragm style carburetor.

Last edited: