New here first post

Randy here old minibike lover, got my first around 67' 68' when I lived in north Jersey was 7-8 years old, minibike fever had most of us kids by the ass. Was a general appliance bike with no id stickers on it at all just the general appliance one, orange frame and fork Tecumseh 3 horse, from what I see here must have been a trail horse gto 200 but mine had a few little variations when new. trying to id it. Anyway then a Rupp Scrambler 71 model in green, in 71 parental divorce landed me in California north LA San Fernando area. Just saying hi and I am searching for all of the General appliance Guru's I can find as I just bought a real rough general appliance roller, needs tlc.
The race engine business and my wife took me too Indy area in 07 and while living here I scored in the MEGA MINIBIKE MEGAPOLIS PROPORTION at least as my feeble lil mind goes, I have a 69 {fairly sure} Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner bike completely original hauls ass windshield both horns highway bar chain guard all there very good shape needs resto but I'm gonna leave it patina original. Nice meeting you guys RuppKing refered me here as we have spoke elsewhere and as I said if there are any Guru's of the 60's earlier low level Generals I'm gonna need help like parts and info. Thanks again ALL8UP

Lizardking

Welcome to the oldminibikes.com club! Your in the right place. Enjoy!

I'm a G.A Trail Blazer owner but faaaaar from a guru. Lots of knowledge here in the club on these bikes. How about some pictures of your bike for our enjoyment.

Welcome to the oldminibikes.com club! Your in the right place. Enjoy!

I'm a G.A Trail Blazer owner but faaaaar from a guru. Lots of knowledge here in the club on these bikes. How about some pictures of your bike for our enjoyment.
Pic's will come be a lil while much to do around the home here I told the wife the G-A roller wont own me HAHAHAHA yeah right it's rough real rough

Lizard that is high end compared to my no swing arm or fenders direct drive rear wheel band brake unit that someone sanded the paint off of with what looks too have been a 6" hand grinder and a course course one at that, when I saw the pic on craigslist and saw the rear wheel band brake I had to have it as mine was that way, trying to recreate what I had. nice piece. be back later got other things gotta do.

Lizardking

Lizard that is high end compared to my no swing arm or fenders direct drive rear wheel band brake unit that someone sanded the paint off of with what looks too have been a 6" hand grinder and a course course one at that, when I saw the pic on craigslist and saw the rear wheel band brake I had to have it as mine was that way, trying to recreate what I had. nice piece. be back later got other things gotta do.
Sounds like you're on your way to recreate some old feelings!!!

Triley41395

Yours sounds pretty high end compared to mine, all I have is frame, forks and 1 fender. Like to see a few pic's of yours. Mine's has been sand blasted and stored in the attic for now, at least 3 other bikes ahead of it. It's hiding in the back in pic 1 and back right in pic 2. 20220623_190911.jpg 20230127_191727.jpg

Lizardking

Now Skipp has these higher end with options Horse and Blazer.. Nice! @Addicted 2 Minis called it, someone left the Barn doors open!!

Did these ever have a Hodaka option?? I'm thinking that's what I'll be powering my Blazer with if I can't find something else I like... Sachs Wankel rotary is on my list of "want"engines too.

nice meeting you all I'm going to try and post a few pic's no guarantee not a puter head. crummy pic's too, I got this briggs with it gave both engines a wiff of either and both run, does the briggs look period correct? 20230305_101410 (1).jpg 20230305_101429.jpg

Attachments

Harquebus

....I got this briggs with it gave both engines a wiff of either and both run, does the briggs look period correct?
It's about period-correct but maybe not museum quality. The fuel tank's taken a hit and the paint scheme is having an identity crisis. ;)

For some it's all about dates of the engine and the minibike's birthdate being a close match.

These are GREAT pics however, decent lighting and good resolution...:cool:

It's about period-correct but maybe not museum quality. The fuel tank's taken a hit and the paint scheme is having an identity crisis. ;)

For some it's all about dates of the engine and the minibike's birthdate being a close match.

These are GREAT pics however, decent lighting and good resolution...:cool:
I want to recreate my 68 ish ride so this will be a tecumseh 3 horse not worried about year and date exact more in that the look of the tin and tank and all look correct, this briggs was in here three layers of different color paint one helluva witness mark, the briggs has a sticker on it under the custom paint work.

couple more unfortunately someone drilled a hole for this kickstand, the front wheel is a rear wheel and that bigger rear wheel gotta go to make a 200 out of this thing, anyone have a small front wheel? I think the blue paint under the throttle is the original paint, any one take a shot at year and model it was? blue paint mean anything? 20230305_101520.jpg 20230305_101622.jpg