New here with first mini

I have been a huge fan of minibikes my entire life but never really got a chance to get one as my hobbies were plentiful and eventful , just not enough time. A couple of days ago as I was on a job and I noticed that the owner of the property had a couple minibikes in his garage. He came out and we started talking when he asked me to follow him to the back of his property where he had a shed. I could not believe how many minibikes he had in there , most were beautifully restored and just a handful of some that needed restoring. Anyway he goes into the shed and pulls out this minibike and tells me "It's yours". FREEBIE! Not one of his beautiful ones at all but it sparked an interest to have it redone. He lives in a high moister content area so there is a lot of surface rust but that's it. No pitting or holes anywhere , it is solid but not pretty. There is a sticker on it that says Foremost , everything is original and all there. Can anyone tell by the picture I posted what color was this minibike originally? Are parts for this model available or hard to come by? Some how , some way I want to get this little machine running again. Thanks in advance for the help.

markus

Wow thats a great find on so many levels, you have the complete original bike! thats not an easy thing to find anymore :thumbsup: Its got a pretty great look to it as is (I like patina) and with alot of elbow grease it probably would look even better.

Or if you choose to restore you have a great base and all the correct parts to either restore or match up as you go, not alot of people get that luxury!

Give whats there a chance before you start thinking about harbour freight motors and dupli color spraypaints :doah: you would be surprised what you can do with some creative cleaning with virtuallly no money out of pocket, just time.

couple bikes I am working on or redid that were pretty nasty looking, some people dont care for this look, but I like it, its an affordable way to go, and makes it alot easier later on should you choose to "restore"

this bike is actually alot farther along than the last pic shows but gives you an idea of pretty what elbow grease and not much more can get ya :thumbsup:

trinik7597

I'm with markus on that one did not do much to my pinto just good cleaning I like that it looks a little rough/patina:thumbsup:but it was not nearly as complete as yours when I got it and still is not :doah:

Thanks everyone a bunch. Those bikes look great! I will definitely take into consideration trying to save some money by orking it with some good ol fashion elbow grease.