New here.

Hi guys. New to the forum. I just picked up a doodle bug Db30 from pep boys. I'm gonna get a 2nd one from them in a week or 2. The problem with them is just the pull cord doesn't retract. I'm not if I can fix it or not yet. I know the spring isn't broken or anything. Hope to learn a lot from this forum and you guys.

Welcome , they are a good way to start , spend a $100 bucks at Harbor Freight and let the fun begin :thumbsup: You'll be tired of that under-powered engine the first time you ride it , Predator is the way my son :laugh:

And the handlebars are way better when they're pushed forward a little bit. Not sure how big of a guy you are, but it really helped me out.

As for the pull start, yep, I'd go for the Predator. It's got way more torque! I went with some snow hogs or trail wolf tires from Carlisle (can't remember which ones). If you're off road at all, these are awesome and affordable. If you're mainly on the roads, I'd go for the turf savers.

So an update. I got it running. And she runs like a champ. You weren't kidding about being WAY under powered lol. But it's fun none the less. Thank you guys for the greetings. I'll definitely look into the "predator" I already want more power lol.

I ended up fixing the recoil starters for both bikes. They were returned to pep boys due to them breaking. So I purchased the broken bikes for $50 a piece. Great deal if you ask me.