New Here

Hi'

When I was a kid I had a Taco 22. While going through some old boxes in storage I found some old photos and decided to hit Ebait. I just brought home what appears to be a Taco 44 complete. A quick google search lands me here where I hope to find a plethora of info about restoring this thing. Anyway, I was brought up to always bring something to the party. In that vein, below are a couple of pics that I think should be added to the ad/brochure section.

Thanks for having me,

Jeff

Hent

Welcome to the forum CaliJeff.

Nice score on the taco. Any photos of it yet?

I appreciate your contributions. I will definitely add those to the page soon.

kbs8ball

Nice Taco info Jeff....welcome to the forum....check out my repro taco seat in the photo album...let me know if you need one....

Welcome to the forum CaliJeff.

Nice score on the taco. Any photos of it yet?

I appreciate your contributions. I will definitely add those to the page soon.
Thanks. I'm still going through boxes so I might have some ads for Tacos and other minis once I get some time to page through the old magazines. The only pictures I have of the poor old thing were the ones from the listing.

It was listed under scooters of all places. It seems mostly complete so I snapped it up knowing I wouldn't get to it until sometime in 2007. Plenty of time to get a good match to the origional paint. I have a long line of house stuff to get done, and if I prioritize the mini I might find myself single again. :)

Last edited:

Hent

Looks nice Jeff.

Just get your girlfriend/wife a go-kart or a minibike, and she'll completely understand... worked for me :)

That would be nice if you could scan some of those images in... I have some to do still :)

Good looking seat Jeff...I like the metal flake vinyl
That is the way it came to me. I'm not sure if it came from the factory that way or not. Then again, nothing screams late 60's/early 70's like glitter flake be it vinyl or paint. :cool: :smile: The piping is clear. It will have to get a new cover someday. Dunno if it will be glittery.

:::Oh look, something shiny!:::

kbs8ball

Jeff,,,Any interest in a leather taco seat?? I just picked up a nice black hide I was planning on doing a taco seat and putting it up on ebay...I ve just been real busy and havent got around to it yet...

Jeff,,,Any interest in a leather taco seat?? I just picked up a nice black hide I was planning on doing a taco seat and putting it up on ebay...I ve just been real busy and havent got around to it yet...
It's going to be a while before I get to this thing. I have seen your work and you definatly have the skills. I think I'm going to try this on my own for now as I'm not sure of the direction the thing is going to take.

cool bike! nice score!
Thanks. It was a lil bit more than I wanted to go, but like I said earlier, it was all there. If it doesn't work at least I can make a repro part. I suppose I should take advantage of my location and try to score some Taco parts from the people who had a large stock of them back in the day. I'll try to do better, really I will.