new impact gun

Hey check out this deal I got over the weekend. For a 100$ and a small trip to chicago it was mine. Its a makita lxdt04 impact kit I was wondering if any one else has one of these they use on regular basis. It seems to be pretty well rounded tool.

:scooter:

I have those guns they are great. They can do alot more than you would think when it comes to mechanical stuff. I originally bought for work. But a set ended up in the garage too . Looks like you have the newer model impact too . The older one had a different setup for the chuck that kind of feel apart. It didn't affect useability but made it look like crap. I've had one of my sets for like 8 years the other one is going on four and the batteries and everything are all good. Just make sure if you live in cold climates to bring inside. That's a pretty good deal for that. I only by Makita my next one will be the brushless they have a ton of power.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

They are a really good tool. Very light compared to a number of others out there. Has a decent amount of power aswell.
If alot/much overhead work is what you need to do often. Then this is a good tool for that. Saves your arm quite a bit.
I reckon you'll be wanting to get the bigger batteries soon enough as the short ones are good, but if your on a roll they die sometimes quickly.

Just got the brushless version of this Makita, part of a kit with a drill, two batteries and a charger.

Up until now, the only impact tools I have are air-powered, so I wasn't so sure about using a small cordless impact tool.

Two weeks into owning it, I am amazed at this thing. Its so much faster than a small ratchet and often will zip fasteners apart without a backing wrench. Already own 300+ various 1/4" hex drive bits, extensions, socket drivers, nut drivers, and drill bits, and everything plugs into the impact gun. Great stuff.

In a decade, the most efficient tool change in my shop, something that saves me lots of time.

A friend of mine had the drill and after 6 months he gave it to me because the batteries didn't hold a charge (apparently it's because they've been sitting without a charge for too long). I heard when it WAS in use it was an awesome tool, so I'm sure the same thing goes with the impact. But, I ended up selling it for 40 bucks with the charger.

Last edited:

Zoma

Great tools. I have that same model- came as a set + the Hitachi set. The Makita was cheaper than the other and has plenty of power....

Gatecrasher

The cordless ones are nice and mobile but I wanted one that I would never have to change batteries and had some serious "balls" to it so I got this 120 volt 1/2" drive Milwaukee NIB off eBay last month. It has some serious torque and it is just as fast as a pneumatic.

Last edited:
Now that is a great tool.

I use the 28v cordless version and it never barks at even te toughest wheel nuts onthe old New Holland tractor I drive...
Those fellows make the best cordless and corded tools I use.
I have the big 110 volt hammer drill and chipper.

I drill 1/2 holes in hard granite all day with them to ancore things at work.
I love the 28 v power packs.

The mini 12volt ban saw is real treat too!

If you see these on for a deal don't pass them up

Last edited:
Yeah those Milwaukee's look beast I'm going to have to upgrade my old craftsman 1/2 corded drill soon.The brush inside sparks like and arc welder and it doesn't like cold at all.

:scooter:

Gatecrasher

I used my Milwaukee impact wrench today on some 51 year old bolts. Earlier, I had tried to remove some door hinges from a 1963 Chevy II door that were fastened with six large Phillips head bolts and external tooth lock washers. One came out fairly easy with the biggest screwdriver I had but the rest were stubborn.

I took my large Craftsman Phillips screwdriver and put a wrench on the end of it but when I tried to turn it, the end of the screwdriver broke-off! Then I tried using an old manual impact driver (the kind you hit with a hammer) and the screws still wouldn't budge. I was starting to booger-up the Phillips screw head in the old GM bolts so I decided to go down to the local tool supply store and buy a 1/2" drive impact bit for my new electric impact wrench.

When I got home I zapped the other five bolts out like they were nothing with the Milwaukee. Unbelievable how powerful the thing is! :thumbsup:

george3

I have used the dewalt little impacts since they came out. Handy as can be. Any larger jobs I use my air tools, but this 18V is so much handier than the big bulky stuff. Guys that dont have them dont even know what they are missing. I have a good amount of specialty tools and just cant live without them.

I use my Craftsman 19.2v impact driver for lots of things but find it particularly handy for driving screws when building fences....I'll never use a regular drill/driver for screws again!!