New Member New Project :)

Hello all I'm fairly new to the forums, just been lurking around and reading. My brother wanted to put up some pictures of his bikes and projects so heres the first one :weld:

The original frame and fork has all been sandblasted and will be widened by 4-6 inches and lengthened by about 8 inches. Haven't decided yet until everything is here and mocked up.

It will have a 13HP Honda clone with an ARC rod for now. More things will come later as money permits as always, including a billet flywheel.

Comet Series 40 Torque Converter and jackshaft.

1" live axle with billet hydraulic disc brake, 2 piece sprocket and billet hub, 8" Burris grooved tire on a WMS 8.25" wheel.

Here's some pictures below of all the stuff so far. I'll try to post up some more pics later for this project and some of his other projects.

I'm still waiting on the wheel and ARC sent me the wrong rod so I'm still waiting on that.

Last edited:
Thats going to be sweet. :thumbsup: What did the engine set you back?

I'm doing the same thing with one of my little frames but will probably stick with 6.5HP and rav 2.

Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I tried to get one from Carroll Stream since they were local to MI and I could have picked up, but after 3 weeks of games I just got it on Fleabay for I think 249.99 + 42 shipping. Was under 300 so not too bad :)

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Cool pictures!
Make sure you take it easy the first time out with that large motor. A large size motor + a torque converter is pushing it for a minibike.

I think you are going to need wheelie bars.

The frame is chopped and tack welded so far. The large open area in the back will be for the torque converter. It actually turned out quite a bit longer that I thought :). Guess that will help preventing some crazy wheelies but it will probably still have wheelie bars in the end.

The frame had to be widened a bit more on the left side to accomodate the large brake caliper.

The axle hasnt been cut yet so, no, those arent foot pegs in the back lol

Last edited:

Mac

The Ruttman purist's must be climbing the walls.
Good thing you kept away from the 3/4" pipe on the Lil'Indian's.

lotta work much more than originally thought dont know if it would of been easier to start from scratch but i got to give people like yellowhand alot of credit:bowdown: you still out there i need some motivation this build is killing me ---- :cursing: cant wait till its done:drinkup:

Man, I love this build...it's classic old school hot-rodding taken to the extreme...

I think stretching a stock frame adds a bunch to the 'cool factor'...it really gives the bike some old school credibility...

I wanna ride it...it should haul ass and stop well too...

So much to do so little time. Got the engine about done today, installed the ARC rod and Flywheel. Removed all the balancing shaft stuff. Ordered a new Mikuni, intake and pulse pump. Hope it gets here by Thurs. at the latest.

At the moment I'm running an 18 tooth jackshaft sprocket and 56 tooth rear sprocket trying to get as much top end as possible, but might need to change that a bit in the future :)

Well we tried like hell to get it ready for the Rec. Lesisure show in MI, but alas the 34mm Mikuni didnt come yet and we already twisted the hell outta the jackshaft mounting plate just driving it a few feet :censure:

Guess we will have some time to make a new seat and make a better jackshaft mounting plate. I think we might go with some 1x4 boxed steel, instead of just 1/8 plate.

The brake pedal needs to be extended a bit more also and will probably make 2 top mounts for the motor to add some extra rigidity to the frame since it is quite long.

Here's a few more pics

Tweaked jackshaft plate.

Master Cylinder Setup

Finished Torque Converter Side

Last edited: