New Member New Project :)

Nice welds visible in those pics...

Sounds trivial, but on a bike with that much horsepower, welds can take a beating, and if they come apart, all hell can break loose...

yea for sure the welds are good :) Seems like the single plate just wasn't thick enough for the whole span of the bike. Its about a 13" width with just the plate as support for any twisting. Probably wasn't the best thing to just use 1/8" plate but we'll get something a little better now.

The engine is putting out probably 20+ ft/lb of torque plus the addition of the torque converter.

Last edited:

kbs8ball

dude it dont look like you followed my seat building instructions.....looks kinda like you were wraping a present...cool mini though.

yea we kinda ran outta time to make a good seat. It's actually too small for the bike too. So it will be remade and hopefully look a bit better.

Well we took a little break after trying to get it done for the Rec Leisure Show. Had some issues with the engine, so we finally got it running today with the new Mikuni carb and intake. We still need to fix the jackshaft mount though. I think we are gonna try some boxed steel instead of a single plate. So hopefully it won't twist this time. I'll see if I can get an MP3 up of the engine running. It sounds pretty mean, it just doesn't have the compression pop to it though :)