New member- Tumbleweed mini bike

PD13

Hi- I'm new to the forum!

Hoping to get some help on a new acquisition that me and my youngest made

It's a Tumbleweed mini bike- runs all the standard stuff with a Tecumseh motor and a cool rear drum brake.

Anyone out there with info and advice on this cool bike?

Thanks
Paul

All I could find.. I would guess it was a re-branded bike.

Tumbleweed Enterprises Inc.

Company Overview
Tumbleweed Enterprises Inc. is a corporation based in California and it's registered under Entity number C0935553. Tumbleweed Enterprises Inc. was registered in 07/13/1979. The company's status is listed as Dissolved as recorded in documents filed with California Department of State.
Entity Number
C0935553
Entity Name
Tumbleweed Enterprises Inc.
Date Filed
07/13/1979
Status
Dissolved

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Bill Griggs and is located at 2904 Dalemead, Torrance, CA 90505. The company's principal address is 2904 Dalemead, Torrance, CA 90505.

The company has 1 principal on record. The principal is Bill Griggs from Torrance CA.

On the front of the shroud on the engine should be a riveted tag with a model number and serial number. Can you get a clear pic of it or post the numbers ?

Last edited:
0320 indicates either1970 or 1980..November 16th (320th day of the yr). With that style shroud I would say 1970 but that does not jive with the company registry date of 1979. Of course they could have started selling bikes earlier than that and registered the name at a later date...or the engine might have been swapped out at some time .

The Automagic carbs I have seen before on various bikes...seems like maybe they were an early replacement carb. Looks like it is bare metal compared to the stock carb which would have been painted white with the rest of the motor.

Were the numbers on a riveted tag in front or stamped in the sheet metal on top by the head ?