New Member Wondering what brand mini bike i have

Hi guys IM new to mini bikes. I image1.JPG Just picked this up for me and the boy to redo.Im wondering if any of you know
what year or make it is.Thanks In advance. IM excited to start tinkering

Made by Efenel. Sold under different names like Grand Prix, Missile and another that I am forgetting which is the one yours is. Each had their own shape fork plate.

Thank you guys so much!! any ideas what would be a good engine for this? The Tecumseh that's in it is too big.Muffler hits frame and chain wont fit. I cant stop surfing this forum,lol
Thanks again

An old flat head engine would fit better than the slanted cylinder OHV engines. You could use 3hp, 3 1/2hp, 4hp even 5 hp Briggs or Tecumseh engines. Depending how big/small your boy is a 5 hp might be a bit dangerous. With the seat overhanging the rear axle, the bike will wheelie a lot if a torquey-powerful engine is used. A 3hp Briggs will give slower acceleration to avoid the wheelies yet still go about 25-30 mph. Want some grunt? Put a 3 1/2 or 4 hp Tecumseh on it :) Want wheelies and quick acceleration? Use a 5hp.

(just my opinions, others will vary)
Danford1

PS. If you have a welder and can fabricate, you can lengthen the frame, change the muffler and use the engine you have if it runs well.

Last edited:
An old flat head engine would fit better than the slanted cylinder OHV engines. You could use 3hp, 3 1/2hp, 4hp even 5 hp Briggs or Tecumseh engines. Depending how big/small your boy is a 5 hp might be a bit dangerous. With the seat overhanging the rear axle, the bike will wheelie a lot if a torquey-powerful engine is used. A 3hp Briggs will give slower acceleration to avoid the wheelies yet still go about 25-30 mph. Want some grunt? Put a 3 1/2 or 4 hp Tecumseh on it :) Want wheelies and quick acceleration? Use a 5hp.

(just my opinions, others will vary)
Danford1

PS. If you have a welder and can fabricate, you can lengthen the frame, change the muffler and use the engine you have if it runs well.
I may try to find a diff muffler for this engine then it would prob work.This is going to be for my kid whos 11.
I'm trying to get it all painted and running good to give to him for Christmas. It might be for me a little bit too.lol just remembered that with this engine size you cant use the right foot peg. Motor is too wide.
I guess I will search for another motor.

Last edited:

capguncowboy

depending on what label that bike was sold under, it could have had a few different engines. Could have been Clinton, Tecumseh or Briggs. They were also sold as kits where you could put whatever engine you wanted on it.

I'd look for a different muffler first, then go from there if you can't find an affordable solution.