New minibike fan with a Herter's

New minibike owner with a Herter's

Hello fellow mini bikers,

I just picked up this old Herter's from my dad. It seems like it's in a million pieces. I would like to restore this bike as long as it's reasonably within my budget. I have a bit of experience with car mechanics, but have never messed with small engines much. I am sure that I will have a ton of questions. I would also like to record my processes with pictures and video to share with others. Here are some pictures of where i'm at so far.

:scooter:

Last edited:
More pictures.

Here are a few more pictures.

So far I have taken the engine off the frame and taken the head off for inspection.

My bike has been sitting for about ten years now. We parked it because it just wasn't running right. I know it's got some carb issues. My main focus right now is to dismantle and rebuild the motor. Before I worry too much about looks I want this beast to run as close to perfect as I can get it. I'm still researching if they have rebuild kits for this H50 engine.

Genuine Tecumseh 31840 Carburetor Repair Kit | eBay Im not sure this is it. But they probably have it.
Yes, at the top of the page there is a pull down bar to select the kit for the H50. Thank you for your help. I will defiantly be buying one of these. This carb I have seems in desperate need of a rebuild. At one point in time the float had a small hole in it. I haven't taken a look at it yet. I just hope it's in good condition.