New/Old board member

Hi all, I was on the boards a few years ago and had to re-register since changing jobs. I am trying to find my son (14) something not very fast, but not for an 8 year old either. I don't know how to work on them really so want something new, or newish, at least that makes sense on the surface. Basically all I have found is new bikes at a local dealer for around $400 out the door. I see several companies, gokarts plus, scooter depot etc and they have horrid online reviews. That's why I would like to buy one from a store, preferably local. There are very few of these stores here in phoenix. I found a DB30 at pep boys that has good reviews but they don't have in state. Found one at Kmart that looks like a bargain but am afraid of that whole 'for an 8 year old' thing. The good ones priced well go fast on craigslist. What would you guys do? here are front runners, thanks again!

Motovox Mini Motor Bike: Maximize the Power of Outside Play with Kmart

Amazon.com: MM-B80 Youth Mini Bike (Black): Automotive

this one is out of budget but looks awesome
Doodle bug mini bike (woody)

Well, thanks again, hoping there are some sources I am not privy to as Phoenix has a huge outdoor/mini bike enthusiast market I would think.

That kmart one is decently priced. Worst case scenario is you can completely replace the engine with a harbor freight 100 dollar engine.

Last edited:
Good morning all, I picked up the one from Kmart yesterday and my son road it all day long. He really had the time of his life and we're all surprised it rides as well as it does. the garage kind of smells like gas though so that is puzzling. Anyway, I need to delve into the maintenance to make sure to keep it this way, thanks for input,