New Predator V Twin Inbound

I work at the local Harbor Freight and we've received word that a 670cc 22hp v twin engine with electric start is on it's way. It may be here by the end of May or even earlier, since we'll be reorganizing the engine planogram in a few weeks. It appears to be a Honda gx660 clone based on the specs and some of the pictures. Regular price is listed at $600. I was going to get the 420cc clone to replace my aging Tecumseh, but this might be worth waiting for.

I'd expect it to weigh a ton, even the 420cc is heavy. It's not listed yet on the public or internal website, nor does it have a sku as far as I know, so I wouldn't expect it to be in any flyers yet, though I may be mistaken.

I swear I saw one of these in our local HF flyer. Great motor but IIRC it's really heavy.
That's OK, I have absolutely zero issues with building a frame from scratch for this titan.

And then we'll start seeing billet rods, flywheels, big-valve heads, forced induction & more goodies pop up for them. :grind:

This engine would make for a seriously bangin' chopper. Stubby, fat little wheel in back, nice, tall, thin wheel in front with TONS of rake.

And drag pipes. Drag pipes all day. And flames on a mini peanut tank. And chrome, lots of chrome.

And then couple that up with a snowmobile TAV, and we have absolute goodness... or a high-RPM centrifugal clutch for fun, hard launches.

This... is gonna get really out of hand I feel. :deal:

Oooo... I had another thought. It'd be pricey, but what if they took four of the little 79cc jobbies, cast all for casings together (as one unit initially), and then built a 316 inline 4?

That would be one hell of a go-kart engine. I'd buy one in a heartbeat just to have it, provided the price-tag wasn't astronomical.

Or do 4 212's for an 848cc I4... and then upgrade the poor little guy all day long with billet EVERYTHING.

Or 4 420's... for a 1680cc I4... Can you say absolutely ridiculous amounts of torque???

My imagination is just running away from me. I get excited when I hear about cool, inexpensive, new things come out.

I received my Inside Track Club sales paper yesterday.
18hp Predator V-Twin (670cc)
Regular $799, on sale for $599
Item # 61614

I could not find it on HF's website.

I want one...

Seth K. Pyle

I fibbed. Not 18hp. 22hp. Thats a little better out of 670cc. My GX620 is 20 hp. Not bad, Predator, not bad.

The oil cooler is a nice touch.

Seth K. Pyle

Anybody think one of these could truly benefit from a small turbocharger?

I think there would certainly enough exhaust gas volume to spool even a tiny little one up. :shrug:

And then, we drop it into a ROKON. :pimp: