New Super Tryke owner

Hello, I just bought a Heald Super tryke off ebay and picked it up
will be asking for parts information, specifically brake upgrades to replace the band brakes on it

I just bought brake bands for my Super Tryke. About $75. Power Tec in Benton Harbor, Mi. has parts for Healds.Call Ron Kimball at 1-800-535-9529

I would like to find out if there is anyway to upgrade the brakes to disk brakes without major work

I also need a front brake, mine does not have one

rxpo

I dont think they ever had front brakes.
I rebuilt one about 12years ago, the rear band brakes works really good - just use well-routed, thick cables.

Mine had a diff in the rear, worked awesome. I should dig up old pics and scan them.

mine has a front drum for a band brake. Havent worked on it much yet. I'm still dinking around with the motor. Its hard to see in this crappy photo. Been more involed trying to make it go than stop, nuthin like puttin the cart before the horse:thumbsup:

there was a upgrade for disk hydraulics on the heald haulers but could be put on the supertryke. I will look at my tryke and hauler and see how well this would work i do have a biuld sheet for the supertryke i could send you if you pay shipping ive god a frame im parting out just sold fenders but still have parts do you have the single seat if not i do let me know what you need we can deal:thumbsup:

I have the original build sheet and catalog for it
here is a picture, now that I found the camera cable

Also need to find some stronger shocks for the back, these collapse completely when I sit on it, I am large

mybiz

It would be nice if Ron Kimball would put up a web site with parts -n- prices there is getting to be a growing demand for Heald parts :thumbsup: I know id buy for my VT-812