new to the forum

Hi All;
I got this mini bike at an auction yesterday, and just started to clean it up and not sure of the brand. It has a tag on the engine plate 803-80712. It looks like it had a junk 3 hp briggs with no carb on it. I'll clean it up anyways.

markus

Thats a sears bike model number, Odd though as it is for a different style that they sold. One thing to note though, is the engine on it is most likely the original to it, a good indication is the muffler as that was a Sears used item for a brief time. It is a craftsman engine (made by Tecumseh)

This is listed as 1971 catalog note that the numbers you have show for the bike on top (note the muffler) but yours is of course the version on the bottom

the numbers on that engine are possibly 143.614132 (that was the 3.5hp associated with the 80712 anyway) Your frame shows as having a 3.0 hp according to sears catalogs though and may service book shows it as having 143.611032 2.5/3.0hp. I would be curious to know the numbers as I have found some misprints in my service book concerning the Craftsman mini bike engines and try to make notes/corrections of that when I can.

There were always misprints or things shown that really weren't on the bikes by the time they got to the store or shipped out.

Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Thank you Markus. the metal tag has been removed from my motor. I pulled the head off looks good, spins fine. I've been going to swaps looking for a used carb.