New toy for my boy

Hello all,
I just received a cool delivery at 6:00am this morning. A sweet Manco Quester 308 that my wife and I bought from We4Amigos for our 11 year old son. My wife and I have been promising him an ATV since we gave our oldest son his Baja MB200 for Christmas back in 2011. I had originally found a 90cc 4 wheeler but it needed an ignition part that was discontinued. So we found a Go Kart but he got too tall for it. He's almost 5'8". So the Manco will be perfect! He has no idea we got it for him so it should be quite a neat surprise for him. :freakout:
Thanks and Kudo's go out to We4Amigos for holding onto it so I could arrange a pick up. :thumbsup:
Thanks also go out to the OldMiniBikes Forum for having Awesome members and making new friends. :thumbsup:

I'll post more pics after breakfast.

Shawn

Attachments

The Verdict Is In!

My son absolutely loves his new 3 wheeler! :punk: It fits him perfectly too. And it should be a good while before he outgrows it.
I just need to change the oil, install a new air filter and replace the rear brake pads and he'll be riding today. :scooter:

Here are a couple more pics.
My wife tried to get video but our youngest son climbed right on and tried to claim the Manco for himself and didn't want to get down. LOL

I'll definitely get video of the maiden voyage as well as more pics.

Shawn

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello all,
Not much of an update on my son's maiden voyage on the Manco. I couldn't find any brake pucks locally so I ordered some from OldMiniBikes and they should be here hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday. However, he did ride it slowly around in the thick grass in our backyard while my oldest son and I walked beside him in case he needed help. He did great but he needs to get used to the steering and I want to wait for the brake pucks and get them installed before he rides it again. Which leads me to a question for all of the Manco Quester / Kawasaki FG200D Guru's, Does anyone know where I can find an air filter housing? Does anyone have a Quester 308 manual and a parts breakdown? And is there supposed to be any play in the wheel hub on the axle? When I was replacing a missing lug nut, I noticed there is about an 1/8" of side to side and up and down play in the wheel hub and axle. I tried to tighten the axle nuts down but they are tight.

Thanks,
Shawn

Could his smile be any BIGGER ? haha Glad he likes it and you do too Shawn.
He's definitely one happy camper! I couldn't be happier either. His Memaw (my mom) loves it too. She used to take me three wheeler riding when I was a kid. Once I get the brakes working and he's had time to practice, he wants to show it off to his friends and use it to make the 1/4 mile trip his bus stop in the mornings and his Memaw wants to go with him so she can ride it back home to her house next door. lol

Shawn

Last edited:
I've also figured out an air filter solution. I'm going to fab up a flange to accept a small low profile K&N style filter and I'm going to add some shims behind the axle nuts to take out the play in the wheel hubs. Unless it's supposed to have that play due to being a live axle. Hopefully someone can chime in on that.

Shawn

Hey Riderz, Thanks for the offer. :thumbsup: As much as I'd love to have one for myself, I wouldn't be able to at this time.

Shawn

I stopped at the post office this morning and picked up the caliper rebuild kit and new brake caliper for the front that came in yesterday from OldMiniBikes. Weather permitting, I'll have the brakes installed and ready for my son to ride this weekend. I still have to figure out an air filter set up for it, but for now the temporary filter housing that I made out of an old plastic spray can top, a piece of air filter foam and an old sock as a pre-filter will be fine for now.

BTW, Anyone know what size lug nuts came stock on the Manco's? I've tried several different size lug nuts from metric to s.a.e. and no luck. It's almost like it's an odd size that no auto parts or automotive specialty shop seems to have. There are three lug nuts on each rear wheel, but I'd feel better with having all four.

Shawn

Last edited:
The Manco now has brakes. Rear brakes anyway. I cleaned and rebuilt the rear brake caliper and cleaned up the rotor a little bit. I was gonna get the front brake working but I ordered the wrong caliper. But for now the rear brake works like a charm so it will be fine until I can order the correct caliper and mounting hardware.
Also, I noticed it has a floating rotor along with a floating caliper. I've seen either floating calipers and fixed rotor's or vice versa but never both together. Did Manco use floating brake rotor's together with floating calipers?

Shawn

Attachments