Newbie Here with a Hornet ? Not Sure

Hi Guys,
My name is Dil Brandow, I'm 52 and I love toys with engines. I wanted a mini bike when I was 10 and now I finally have one. I bought a new ( 7 year old) kit from an acquaintance on a hot rod forum I belong to. He had purchased 4 kits for his family 7 years ago and built 2. He just sold the other 2 and I got 1 of them. He advised me to make some wheelie bars before I tried riding it and I'm glad I did or I would have been looking at the sky the first time I opened it up. Now I'm going to have to build another one as my 13 year old boy has pretty well claimed this one. This was supposed to be my pit bike but now it's the neighborhood terror :smile:

Mine has a 196cc Harbor Freight Predator with a pipe. I just ordered a tapered air filter with adapter and next will be a set of heavier valve springs for riding with the governor disabled. I also fabbed up some fender mounts and made my own wheelie bars. This is a kick. I love this stuff and am open to any suggestions on how to make them look cooler, faster, more fun,,,, if that's possible.

I really like the way the Taco Frijole looks but dayammmmmmm they are proud of that frame. Does anyone make a frame that looks like a frijole but priced like most others on the market ?

Attachments

Welcome to the fun , pretty sure that is an Azusa kit , you did a nice job with it ! Just a heads up on Governor removal , that topic is taboo with out doing the proper upgrades to internal components in the engine , Billet Rod and Billet flywheel mainly , with out proper safety mods that is a ticking time bomb with the removal of the governor , read up on it , a lot of great info and help from all on this forum :thumbsup: