Newbie needs tav info.

Hello fellow minibikers!This is my first post,I hope I'm on the right forum.I have a new Baja Warrior and the first mod I want do to it is install a tav.How hard are they to install? Do I have to shorten the rear chain? Remove the jack shaft? Also what size shaft,chain, is on the Warrior? I guess I need to know these sizes before I can ordera tav kit. Are the clone tav's on ebay as good as a Comet? Also will I get a little more top speed from the tav with my stock motor?I get about 22-24 mph now. Thank's for any help from you guys! Jeff

joekd

3/4" shaft, 40/41 chain

Install is pretty easy. I only had to cut one bracket and bent another one back. If you use the stamped backplate it bolts right up, if you get the cast one you have to cut a couple fins off the rear to get it to fit.

joekd,thanks for your info! Unfortunately,my warrior has the untapped crankshaft.I searched the web and found a video on how mount a gtc tav on an untapped shaft without drilling and tapping the shaft.I'm going to give this a try.Thanks again,Jeff