Non-Hemi head on Hemi block differences? want2mod it.

this is from a motor i repaired for someone ... i have no idea how long it took for this to happen but it could have been much worse
IMG_20160307_211241239.jpg

or you could get some roller / ratio rockers .. but its really more about the combination of parts you put in the motor than just lift
wow it looks like they took quite a beating from either the pushrod and he needed a longer one or those are stock new style rockers that got hit by a hammer in attempt to make a 1.3.
Compare pics and they look different [IMG]https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/images/product/dj-1100.jpg[/IMG]

i have heard someone tried to use a hammer and a punch on a stock rocker to try and gain even more lift by increasing the dent size. i wonder if it was that person?

sorry, i'm still new to the non hemis. it's interesting how it just rubs against the valve and spring like that at thousands of rpms only to get worn out eventually.

All the ones I have seen have cracked around the stud hole...

You can get nice billet 1.3 or 1.2 rockers for $89.00... Or use Champion rockers and not worry about it...

Last edited:
I see what you did there....[emoji51]

this is from a motor i repaired for someone ... i have no idea how long it took for this to happen but it could have been much worse

your champions will hold up to heavier springs and a big cam ...

or you could get some roller / ratio rockers .. but its really more about the combination of parts you put in the motor than just lift

Wow!

Last edited:
So the head came off a 196cc Champion generator motor
0328061150.jpg

So here are the rockers and top of the head.
0328061450.jpg

Here is the under-side of the head.
downsized_0609061856.jpg

So if this is the old style.. does this have a 14cc or 19cc head? or 22? i didnt notice a stamp on it.

It is defiantly a 22cc head...
The 19cc head only came on 208cc Champions in Canada...

some of the old Champion 196cc motors came with. 14cc head... But I have not seen one in at least 5+yrs...

I'd stop worrying about lift for now, until you have a head that needs lift...

From an OldMiniBikes thread:
Flowed: Stock Clone Head - No Mods - No Intake or Carb

Lift - Flow (cfm)
.050" - 17.0
.100" - 32.0
.150" - 45.0
.200" - 48.6
.250" - 49.4
.300" - 51.0
.350" - 52.0

Engines need to be an integrated package, with parts designed to work in the same range.
Haphazard and mismatched components will waste time (everyones...) and money.
Less buying, more reading ;)

I'd stop worrying about lift for now, until you have a head that needs lift...

From an OldMiniBikes thread:
Flowed: Stock Clone Head - No Mods - No Intake or Carb

Lift - Flow (cfm)
.050" - 17.0
.100" - 32.0
.150" - 45.0
.200" - 48.6
.250" - 49.4
.300" - 51.0
.350" - 52.0

Engines need to be an integrated package, with parts designed to work in the same range.
Haphazard and mismatched components will waste time (everyones...) and money.
Less buying, more reading ;)
Interesting. Something even more to think about and study on. Thanks for that information. i could really use it to study on, especially the cfm part.

You're darn right :thumbsup: and to add To that.. QUICK speed = money. Along with other factors of course.

I would agree. Unless you have the rest of the package to support a cam with that much lift you could do more harm then good. IMO an untouched stock head isn't good for much past .230 lift.

Pick your parts to work together instead of grabbing parts randomly and hoping they work.

I would agree. Unless you have the rest of the package to support a cam with that much lift you could do more harm then good. IMO an untouched stock head isn't good for much past .230 lift.

Pick your parts to work together instead of grabbing parts randomly and hoping they work.
IMO it depends on the duration of the cam.I'm in for the power, not that many RPMs.