NORAM clutched reduction gear box- any info?

Yeah, how do Tecumseh specialty parts end up on an island east of Cuba and the Dominican Republic in the Atlantic ocean?!?

It looks to 30 miles x 70 miles ... I've known people who travel that far to get to work every day ....

Ok I will bite and ask the question.... What purpose does it serve? I realize its a gear reduction but you could do that with a JS and gearing just as well couldn't you???????

Doug

Ok I will bite and ask the question.... What purpose does it serve? I realize its a gear reduction but you could do that with a JS and gearing just as well couldn't you???????

Doug
Yep Doug you could I guess.. but I'm curious to try something.. If around 6;1 gearing is optimal give or take..(roughly speaking) I'm thinking of running this on a Sidekick roller I have laying around.. being wet clutched and gear drive I'm thinking of pairing it with a fairly powerful motor. I think this will hold up way better than a TAV...Oil will keep the clutch cooled and I can eliminate some extra sprockets too. I'm probably gonna run a real big tire on the back too. Haven't seen anyone build out one of those so I think I'm gonna do it.. Maybe set me up an engine that will do around 6000 RPM safely..
I do have a Cushman 2-speed gear box that might be incorporated though.... Hmmmmm
It arrived yesterday and is complete with the exception of oil.. I hear a good 30 weight works fine in these? pic below;

IMG_2383.JPG