Not a Mini Bike but something I am building.

Thanks William, I look forward to seeing your beer crate racer. I considered building a barstool racer but I'd kill myself on one being up that high, the beer crate racer looks considerably safer and would be great for cruising the neighborhood.
Outlaw Ace,
Like your trike , really cool. Different things are always great to have.

William

True but very hard to find here. I want to organize racing these with rules and standard crate karts all the same to make it fair, so I want to build a bunch of these. I first want to make a prototype that is affordable, works and uses ready available parts. Also who drinks Trappist Rochefort Beer, I've never heard of it till now. I want American beer artwork on my crate and you got to know the American beer companies will love us sporting our favorite beer logo. Making them with turf tires to run on grass lets you find a field lay out some cones or old tires or a parking lot , cones, bails of hay, get your crate owning buddies and have a great day!

Thanks William, I look forward to seeing your beer crate racer. I considered building a barstool racer but I'd kill myself on one being up that high, the beer crate racer looks considerably safer and would be great for cruising the neighborhood.
I'm with you Outlaw, I like the bar stool racers but seem unstable and dangerous, I even thought of building a low one. But then I ran across the beer crate racer the germanys were building. I like them but too complicated and expensive and the designs are all over the place. Winner the one with the most money and happen up on a workable design. Real hit and miss and not much fun the same guy winning all the time. Keeping the karts even, simple and letting luck and driving skill pick the winner = a lot more fun! Or you could just buy or build one and drive it around the neighborhood for fun and have all the neighbors say " What the hell is he riding on!":laugh:

Progress....... I have some more parts coming today, it will not be too much longer before I have something to take pictures of.
Sorry I have not done much lately. Had a brother-in-law pass, next door neighbor's daughter pass and a co-worker pass, kind of reeling a bit from all that, but I am getting back to all my little projects.

True but very hard to find here. I want to organize racing these with rules and standard crate karts all the same to make it fair, so I want to build a bunch of these. I first want to make a prototype that is affordable, works and uses ready available parts. Also who drinks Trappist Rochefort Beer, I've never heard of it till now. I want American beer artwork on my crate and you got to know the American beer companies will love us sporting our favorite beer logo. Making them with turf tires to run on grass lets you find a field lay out some cones or old tires or a parking lot , cones, bails of hay, get your crate owning buddies and have a great day!
Did you go to Home depot or Walmart and measure any plastic storage bins? Then you could just wrap them with decals. Just an idea...

Did you go to Home depot or Walmart and measure any plastic storage bins? Then you could just wrap them with decals. Just an idea...
Yes I have searched every avenue to come up with a box. There are people in Germany I could get to send them, just would cost too much.
It has come down to this ,I will be making them of wood and painting , art work, stickers, whatever to get the look.

Have all stuff for the rear axles now and with the front spindles and rear hubs in here is a picture of the setup.

DSCN0479.jpg

Now I will order the Burris wheels and turf tires next week but with this I can weld up the new frame.

How wide is that axle? Looks really short...
It is pretty short about 22" wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface. Right to plans the width is about 28.5" overall, wheel base 28" it's a tiny thing. Here's a picture of someone riding a beer crate racer.

normal_1268047.jpg

Here is a Honda GX160 powered Crate racer. Very similar to the one I am building.
dsc03101277l.jpg

img_1185r7fa.jpg

Here is a rendering of mine.

BL-BeerCrateRacer.jpg

Looks cool but Im sure theres a reason that guy is wearing leathers lol Kinda reminds me of the one I built years ago. It was the scariest thing to drive. Yours certainly looks more rideable though. Mine wouldnt hesitate to throw you off the back or sides with the slightest hint of provocation. One of the only things Iv sold that I built from scratch. It was like riding a 5hp roller skate lol Im thinking of building one like yours. Maybe with some suspension. I have a little power wheels 4 wheeler body that needs a home.

Looks cool but Im sure theres a reason that guy is wearing leathers lol Kinda reminds me of the one I built years ago. It was the scariest thing to drive. Yours certainly looks more rideable though. Mine wouldnt hesitate to throw you off the back or sides with the slightest hint of provocation. One of the only things Iv sold that I built from scratch. It was like riding a 5hp roller skate lol Im thinking of building one like yours. Maybe with some suspension. I have a little power wheels 4 wheeler body that needs a home.
It's Bryan right!
The German Beer Crate Racers go 80kph that's about 50mph and if you fall off at that you would need them.
My design will top out at about 40 mph, made to run on grass and I still want some kind of protection.
Theirs have 125cc 4 speed manual and I think mine will be as much fun with say a HF 212 and a TAV.
Youtube "Bierkisten karts" and you will find many vids on them.
Can't wait to finish it and test it out, I think it will be much more fun than a bar stool racer.
William

I had this 10 1/2 " steering wheel and I am going to use it instead of handlebars.

DSCN0481.jpg

I was having issues with how to attach the bars to the 5/8 shaft and I found a lever throttle that will fit the steering wheel , so I guess I have it all worked out now.
This gives the box racer a little different look and I kind of like it.

BeerCrateRacer2.jpg

Settled on a paint scheme and logo, met my cousin that flew in from Texas and we ate in Birmingham and I had a Guinness and a grommet pizza.
I like the Guinness logo and most everything is black and silver on the crate racer so I thought this would look good.

GuinnessTheme.jpg
Yes the buttons in the button & tuck are bottle caps.
Anyway I have most of the parts now and the rest coming, hope to knock this thing out, just my busy time of the year, need to find some spare time.

DSCN0484.jpg

DSCN0485.jpg

Axles parts all in , tubing bent all but the steering support and I will wait till I have the base welded together to see how much I need to bend it to fit.