not getting gas?!

ok this motor has been the best runner ever.carb/tank has never been split before(tank under cab)

i ran the gocart till it had NO gas at all left in it yesterday.100% dry.
i filled the tank up,and it randomly doesnt wanna fire and run,still has spark,compression etc,its just not getting gas.,

it was before it ran out?

There's a hole in the top of the gas tank, that runs somewhat sideways, and sometimes it's as small as a pin. Make sure that it's clear. Scott.

Give a Table spoon of gas(or just use starter fluid) down the carb, Open the choke,* and prop open the throttle all the way...... give it a few good pulls till it starts.

After you do what I told you, it should run like nothing ever happened, For some reason Briggs tank under carb set ups will do this every once in a while.

**(or try it with the choke closed, I can't remember what works best off the top of my head..it's been a while.)

Last edited:
it probably either sucked dirt or rust over the screen on the pickup tube/and or drained the little bowl that the jet feeds from. If a little gas in the carb fixes it, it just drained the little bowl. If not, you may have to pull the carb from the tank to clean the screen. The long tube pulls gas from the tank with the diaphram on the side of the carb, then deposits it in the little bowl to feed the jet.