odd request

Mr X

So I'm looking for a headtube from a honda ct70. I have a fork from one and I would like to use it on my homemade minibike but I dont want to butcher the fork and modify it to fit. So I want to find a honda headtube and weld it on so I dont ruin any vintage parts. I also dont have access to a machine shop so I cant just make my own. So I'm wondering if anyone here has a junk ct70 frame that they would be willing to cut the headtube off and sell it. Im also looking for a complete headset if possible.

Mr X

I will find out the length of the tube but I'm just wodering about the headset cups fitting. What is the inner diameter of the bearings I need one to be an inch and the other 7/8.

I will find out the length of the tube but I'm just wodering about the headset cups fitting. What is the inner diameter of the bearings I need one to be an inch and the other 7/8.
A lot of that type of thing is similar from bike to bike.. I know a guy who has a couple CT 70's that are parted down to hell wouldn't have it and I am sure he would sell you the parts you want pretty cheap... PM me about it or I will totaly forget to check back in with you.. :doah:

The problem with the Trail 70 neck is it not a tube that goes through the frame, The frame is stamped and the bearing tubes are welded into the frame outer end section of the frame then the races are installed.
I would go to one of the metal supply store and look for some steel tubing that will fit the Trail 70 bearing and make your own neck. Someone posted a link to a store that sell by the foot for steel tubing. they are also on ebay.

Mr X

I realize that the Headtube is wrapped by the rest of the frame but I'm willing to grind the welds to expose it. As for making my own I need it to be a small diameter on the outside as well so I would have to make it from 3 pieces, weld it together and then machine it all to be straight and all the surfaces will need to be faced.

Mr X

Quips didn't read the last post properly but still I can use the original headtube my frame is made from big square tune so I can just weld the flat sides of the ct70 to my frame.

lol... I can probably still get it mailed out today MAYBE if I can scrounge up a box. Canada is expensive as hell for some reason if you use those US MAil boxes.. It's not real heavy though.. I never did get a shipping quote but my buddy sent me out with a hacksaw.... like an HOUR sawing on the bastrad I come back in.... YOU CUT THE FRAME too? :doah: I said YA KNEW what I was doing ya dumbass. :thefinger: He never did give me a price on the thing until AFTER it was cut off... lol... He just kept saying.. GET what ya can for it GET WHAT ya can for it... lol.. I said it's not going on Evilbay.. :doah: But I ended up giving him 20 bucks for it.. a Honda CT70 frame HAS to be worth that I told him.. He kept saying $300 :doah: But we were both pretty drunk and all... We were having a good time a lot more than doing business... lol... SO I am going out on a limb and would say like 35 dollars roughly.. I was about to try and figure that all out for.. The thumb knobs that screw INTO the handle bars are GONERS!!! HUGE rust rusted away WILL NOT work... so those need replaced (bolts will work) BUT everything else works real good... It was a 69 :sadcrying4: the KO frame..:sadcrying4: BUT it was already KO'd :hammer: :lol:

OH NO SHIT!!!!????? I did not know they did that... YEAH NO SHIT I was PLANNING on getting a UPS quote. G.D :censure: US Evil Government mail is showing like 27 dollars for the CHEAPEST shipping to Cananda and I'm PRETTY sure they won't even let me USE that option... :censure: Bunch of :assholes:'s I tell ya... That's pretty screwed up I KNOW they would want 37 dollars to mail it to Cananda.. and all they are doing is delivering it like 75 miles... WTF?!! :censure: I could mail it to HAWAII for that.. :censure:
Noooo I was going to sell it to ya for 20 bucks, plus whatever it costs to ship it... I did not realize they made you pay for it to go through customs.. The PO is closed so I can't just call and ask but I KNOW the bastards are gonna want 30 bucks or better.. USPS is USUALLY cheaper than UPS for little stuff but it CAN'T be any more than 30 damn dollars huh? :censure: Jeeeeesus.... :doah: lol, yeah... let's see what UPS says about the matter.. :wink:

lol just send it with USPS with the slowest option. and it doesnt matter what it ends up costing because its the cheapest option already and i really need these parts.

well, best I could figure is about 45 dollars total, US Zeitgeist Dollars... Not sure what that converts to in Canadian BUT we keep printing off imaginary money by the GILLIONS to pay for taking over the planet... SOooooo inflation... I'm going to guess 45 US dollars must be about the same as 14 cents Canadian.. :doah: I sure do hate our government :censure: BUT... what can ya do? Except get EVERYONE on board and overthrow these pricks.. :wink: MAYBE Canada should invade us... Operation Liberate United States :doah: We need it man, before the WHOLE DAMN WORLD is bowing down to us... But.. Looks like about 45 bucks all in all.. There's no UPS near by but there's a UPS store a few miles from here.. He will get me for a couple bucks to use his printer :doah: but 45 should have ya covered I'm pretty sure.. :wink:

ok send me your paypal email so i can send you money. and the canadian dollar is good now so it will be around 47 dollars canadian.

DAMN!!! Oh yeah, you guys have the AWESOME "Health Care" package to pay for huh? :doah: HAHA!! Plus Canada never stole anywhere NEAR the amount of gold we ever did concurring the world... Canada isn't like that for whatever reason.. SO all in all the Canadian dollar NEVER WAS as valuable as ours.. BUT 2 dollars difference IS CLOSE !! AT 45 dollars... It used to be, it would have been like 10 or 12... I keep all my Canadian change I get because most places won't take it because it's worth less than our money.. I say, WON'T BE LONG before MY $3.25 face value in Canadian money will BUY ME $5.00 worth of stuff in American Zeitgeists... "Amero's" :doah: I'm Playing the currency market, poor man style.. HAHA!!! I have like 9 bucks FACE VALUE of AMERICAN MONEY that is ALREADY worth like $70.00 paper money JUST BECAUSE it is 1964 or older and STILL MADE from silver.. I got a few 1962 Canadian dimes and quarters that are silver too.. 5 dollar Canadian 1964 dime... WOAH!!! :thumbsup: YEAH ... they tried forcing their US Gov band-aid $9,000 per week taxes, come get your pig pox injection, Health Care Plan, on us and I was scared to death... but, it looks like we still have JUST enough guys with SOME kind of compassion and a heart and are still on our side.. Can't be bought out by Drug Companies and shit, to let the scandalous crap fly... It won't be long though.. :surrender: Those kind of guys end up "retiring" or "Having Skiing Accidents" :hang: OR they play ball... But yeah, I'll shoot ya my info in the PM area..:2guns: I got your address and all still so we're good there. :thumbsup:

oldsledz

Don't send things to canada by UPS if you do they will have lots of taxes to pay and other fees. With USPS you will eliminate most of the fees.