Old Man's Doodle-Bug build (OldMiniBikes Build-off)

OldMan

jimh,

There was a red wasp trying to interfere with my pictures... shop was just cool enough that he was walking instead of flying... big mistake. :biggrin:

delray,

I've got the time... if you can afford my rate! :biggrin:

OldMan

That Mini is Kool .It's the same frame/engine combo that I use for my Mini-Moto race bike . I didn't use the TAV2 system,is it worth the effort ?
I think it was... it has loads of low end torque, but still plenty of top end when I put it on the road. :scooter:

your doodle bug looks good. we sell them at my job+ i get a discount so what the heck iam buying one. black on silver it will be. maybe i could put a world formula on it.:smile:

Looks good oldman. :thumbsup:

Funny, I just bougt a nice complete, running, doodle today cheap. I needed something to put my honda clone in. (just can't do it to the old ones)

I just posted on my board that I would probably get my doodle done before you,,, THEN I saw you just finished! :doah:

But then,,,, I noticed the gas tank and the game is still on! :thefinger: I know I'll have atleast two weeks to beat you! :thefinger: we get some warmer weather for paint. :doah:

Take your time finding a tank! :thefinger:

OldMan

Biotch! :thefinger:

I have a round tank as well, but just didn't like the way it looked either... I'll find something... I'll just have to think about it while I'm riding the beast! :thefinger:

delray

maybe paint the rounded tank silver.(same color tecumseh engine)
mounted long ways up front? or maybe in the back cross ways with a custom filler tube and build a custom exhaust that would point it in a different direction,away from the tank:thumbsup:

OldMan

delray,

I thought about mounting it in the back, and it would definitely need a different exhaust.

I think I'm going to weld a bracket across the frame in front of the seat... probably use some 1" angle... mount the tank to it underneath, and drill it and put a kill switch on top... I think! :biggrin:

Jleon

It's amazing how you're never really done. I've scrapped the kick start because of the side car, going back to Beach bars for handling, Lord only knows what's next!:confused1::hack::grind::weld:

07D675

Nice!!! I'm beginning to really like the doodlebug. Looks old school but has disc brakes and enough room for just about any engine upgrade...