Old new guy

Sdr1

Hi,everyone. I Have been lurking for a few weeks, and checking things out. I like what y'all do here.Back in the 60's I wanted a mini so badly I couldn't stand it.So,nearly 50 years later I decided to do something about it.I don't have one yet but I'm looking. Maybe a mbx11roller (well 2, one for me and one for mama)If I can get in touch with Motovox.Anyway, Howdy from The Great State of Texas

welcome from an ex east texan.........just a warning......two may not be enough.....i know cause i wanted one as a kid but never had one....now i have more than i need.........

Sdr1

Thanks,Tippicanoem,I'm kinda afraid of that.they do take up a lot less room than old cars and trucks,so maybe mama won't raise so much sand about them.:evil_laughter:

well be sure and post some pics and let us know how it works out........this is the best site on the web, lots of great guys on here and some from michigan too........

Hi,everyone. I Have been lurking for a few weeks, and checking things out. I like what y'all do here.Back in the 60's I wanted a mini so badly I couldn't stand it.So,nearly 50 years later I decided to do something about it.I don't have one yet but I'm looking. Maybe a mbx11roller (well 2, one for me and one for mama)If I can get in touch with Motovox.Anyway, Howdy from The Great State of Texas
Welcome , the MBX-11 is nice for a new bike especially with the suspension but good luck as they can't seem to produce enough of them , also the engines are way under powered for an adult rider , You can get a new Monster Moto MM-B80RT at K-Mart right now for $299 and it comes in camo too , it has no suspension but is basically identical to the Motovox . Also under powered but a$100 bill at Harbor Freight and a $30 clutch from OldMiniBikes can fix that quick ! Good luck !!

Sdr1

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Unfortunately, there are no K-MART stores in TX.Elsewhere on this site I saw Motovox advertising rollers,and that is what I am looking for. I was going to put a 3hp on one and a6.5 on the other.If I have to buy new bikes and pull the new engines and sell them I will,but it's not my first choice.Thanks,chipper

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Unfortunately, there are no K-MART stores in TX.Elsewhere on this site I saw Motovox advertising rollers,and that is what I am looking for. I was going to put a 3hp on one and a6.5 on the other.If I have to buy new bikes and pull the new engines and sell them I will,but it's not my first choice.Thanks,chipper
Order on line perhaps ? I live near Baton Rouge and drive thru Dallas a bunch , actually next weekend too , be more than happy to deliver them , There is a K-Mart in Gonzales La which is where my shop is , get store delivery and I'll bring em to ya if that helps ! I deer hunt in Seymour and take I-20 to Weatherford Tx .

buckeye

Way to step up Angelo.

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.
Great bunch of folks around these parts. Not much sand kickin.

So, I figure you must be in your 50's or so?

If I may, as a 50 something guy, I'd try to find a bike with suspension.
You will have a much more enjoyable ride. Just a thought.
Rigid framed, rear anyway, Wil beat you to death off road.
On the street, all good.

Spent 6 years in Temple/Belton. Two in Corpus.
Miss some Texas for sure.

Sdr1

Chipper,thank you for the kind offer.I drive an 18 Wheeler, and will be out of town for a couple more weeks. Yeah,buckeye,I'll be 57 in February. Damn,where did all time go....you raise a good point,after 2million + miles in a truck, something to smooth out the bumps will be needed.Okay,plan B..how bout a baddog w/ a HF 900 + cc v twin?Just kidding.Maybe I'll look around a little more.The last time I rushed into something on impulse I came home with a new '87 Yugo....and a mail order Russian wife.Not really it was worse,but I'm not gonna tell that story:innocent::innocent::innocent:
Thanks,everyone
Dave

I believe it is Outlaw Ace that has a beautiful Trail Bronc he is about giving away for $500 , it's a deal and he's in Oklahoma City , it's in the mini bikes for sale section !