Old Style Baja Dirt Bug with Predator 6.5 engine breaking clutch sprocket teeth off.

My Clutch teeth last a week tops,broke all the time with the #35 chain so upgraded to #40 chain and sprocket setup.still the clutch sprocket teeth all break off.tried Hilliard Extreme Duty and Max Torque clutches both very violent on takeoff and broke teeth off and even broke frame welds once.called Hilliard they got me another softer version of their clutch now goes fine on takeoff but still breaking clutch sprocket teeth.i put on an auto chain tensioner with a spring so chain stays tight enough.
I've been through about 8 sprockets so far and 3 chains(2-#35 and 1-#40)
10t clutch with 70t rear sprocket from Azusa Engineering.rider is 100lbs and just riding dirt roads and sand pits.
I don't know what else I can do to fix this bike?

Try using the rlv karting chain best investment I made with the doodle bug. I have never had chain problems or broken clutch teeth I use a max torque clutch 12 tooth. I have had the issues u are talking about when I used the cheap chain. I went through a new 35 chain clutch in a few rides with the crappy chain on a cat I used to have. I find its not strong enough for a predator and gets kinked up easily grinding down the teeth.

In addition to the fine advice above, you might try floating the clutch on the crank shaft, allowing about an eight of an inch of play. This is something Max Torque has been advocating, instead of cinching the clutch down with set screws. You space it, so the clutch is held by the 5/16 crank bolt with a washer. Some of the kart racers are doing this on the 4 cycles. Saves on chain wear, and solves alignment issues and chain torque.

george3

I think your alignment is off. This dont happen. cheap china chain? wheel bearing bad causing wheel to pull forward? engine no square with the frame I could ad to the list. start with checking the listed items.

Take the chain off and try putting a straight edge on the outside of the rear sprocket, clamp it with a C-clamp. Something like a metal carpenter's square works good for this. The outside of both sprockets should line up.