Old Tools

T-Town Mini

What's the oldest tool you've got in your shop?

I found this old pipe wrench and thought it needed to be preserved. It was well used and looks like it could've been made in the 40's or 50's.

I cleaned it up with a wire wheel preserving much of it's age old patina as possible and refinished the wooden handle grip. I think I'll hang it on the wall.

rmm727

Yeah, like the multi page thread he & I did on tuning TAVs... now it looks like I was talking to myself.

:shrug:
Not sure of the reason his post's went bye bye. Most forums won't let you edit your posts after a certain timeframe (much like here) so people can't get mad and delete good info. But here, someone else does it and that for some reason is ok. Editing and leaving a comment that the post was edited is one thing but deleting stuff and acting like it never happened is another.

oldfatguy

I like old tools and have quite a large collection. It seems that these days any tool with made in USA stamped on it is worth collecting because you will never see that quality of a tool made again. I do have a few wood Stanley levels with 1862 patent dates so they might be some of my oldest although my blacksmiths post vice might be much older.

Not sure of the reason his post's went bye bye. Most forums won't let you edit your posts after a certain timeframe (much like here) so people can't get mad and delete good info. But here, someone else does it and that for some reason is ok. Editing and leaving a comment that the post was edited is one thing but deleting stuff and acting like it never happened is another.
Wasn't NOS a moderator?