Open Class: Rdog's Beater

I'm down to sand blasting it and putting it together! I had to ditch the Briggs and go with a built Clone because of a major gash in the cylinder on the Briggs. I'm dumbfounded on what would look better.. Marina blue frame with white engine tins, or white frame with marina blue engine tins.. Give me your opinion!

Seat donated by the courteous Andrewp! Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply and opinion! I was thinking the same thing, I would like to find, or make a front fork plate and add some free hand on it too! :cool:

I've got a question for you guys. I'm wanting to get new bushings for the forks and can't find the right ones.. There are two types of flanged bushings in the front end.. There are two in the forks themselves, and two in the gusset. And neither I can find on the OldMiniBikes warehouse.. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.. The ones in the gusset measure 1/2" long, and have a inside shaft diameter of 5/8ths and the flange on them measures 7/8ths. The ones in the forks themselves measure 3/8ths long, with a inside shaft diameter of 5/8ths, but the flange on them measures 1" and 1/4ths. The one of the ones on the fork fell out, but the lower one won't budge.. I've tried everything to make it come out..
I still need help with this! :doah:

The kind I need are flanged.. :shrug:
oh, well that complicates things a little, I've been through every website I could find since I started building this year and never came across anything like that. I'll continue to look for you. Good luck in the search.

can you post a pic of each? and are they ball bearings or the bronze type bushing?

bronze flanged 3/8 x 5/8 on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oilite-Flange-Bushing-Bronze-New-3-8-id-x-1-2-od-Brass-/180613568415

Last edited:
You are supplying the wrong dimensions me thinks. Need inside diam, outside diameter under the flange, and the overall length.

I did find one I think might be the gusset...

Got me a clone and rebuilt it, will have a video of it running soon. It's been too wet to sand blast so I'm not sure when that's going to happen.

Sorry guys, I've set this thing on the back burner for a while, getting an engine set in my car and getting it ready for an upcoming car show has pulled me away from the mini bike.. I hope to sand blast it and get it in the paint booth very soon.