Original Baja doodle bug

I have an original Baja doodle bug mini bike. 2.6hp 97cc? It needs some work to comeback to life. All stock except It does have a nice Jack shaft kit on it.
It does need a new carb. Is there a better one out there besides the stock one?

Harquebus

Welcome to the forum!

Ah, modern fuels and old fidgety carburetors.
Can you clean the carburetor? They tend to get clogged from dirty fuel or from sitting a long time with fuel in them. Or it could be a corroded mess from being stored outside etc, etc.

Anyway, yes. There's better carburetors out there and sometimes they're better just because they're new. What are your aims for replacing it? Just want to ride or you're thinking you can sort of hot rod the thing with a new carb?

Welcome to the forum!

Ah, modern fuels and old fidgety carburetors.
Can you clean the carburetor? They tend to get clogged from dirty fuel or from sitting a long time with fuel in them. Or it could be a corroded mess from being stored outside etc, etc.

Anyway, yes. There's better carburetors out there and sometimes they're better just because they're new. What are your aims for replacing it? Just want to ride or you're thinking you can sort of hot rod the thing with a new carb?
Looking to bolt something on that may be a little help the little engine out if it can. Don’t mind putting a stock one on. They’re only like $11 bucks.
Wanted to get recommendations/ thoughts and advice.

DaddyJohn

I’m not saying everyone should, but I always take the stock engine out, sell it for $20-30, then install a 196-212cc Honda GX clone engine off a $50 defunct piece of outdoor power equipment.

I’m not saying everyone should, but I always take the stock engine out, sell it for $20-30, then install a 196-212cc Honda GX clone engine off a $50 defunct piece of outdoor power equipment.
I normally would, but I’m looking to have this be something my daughter can ride when she gets a little older and then I may do that.

DaddyJohn

The Honda GC160, GC190 and Honda GX160 are also good middle-of-the-road engines power-wise, with a bit less peak power than the 196/212cc engines. Better for kids if they get bored of the original configuration.

That’s weird. That must be because of how I signed in the first time. The first time I used my Google sign in and then for some reason that wouldn’t work, when I wanted to log back in, so I went and actually registered.
So it should show up just as the GeorgeG4 now.