owned same bike 30 years still not sure what brand.need help check pictures.

WOW! yours is the ONLY other complete and unmolested frame I've seen and I've always been looking. :thumbsup:

That bike is what got me into mini's last year when I bought it for my kid and we've been jonesing ever since, I never knew what it was either until Delray started working on a project bike and directed me to a name plate posted here by "ac73" but the pic seems to be lost. :doah:

These, were (I think) Manco "mountaineer's) from back in the day when they actually built mini's with style and grace. I believe Mine is a 1968-69 judging by the stock engine and I later found another frame on E-bay that has parts of the foil emblem left on it which leads me to believe it was called a "Mountaineer" ac73's pic had a mountain man and mountains on it.

Looks like you have the stock chain gaurd. Great bike and RARE!

delray

gto,did you every look at the date code on your engine?
the motor looks to original with the bike. that will give you the year of your bike:thumbsup:
gto i save one of the pic's from ac73 file,but there was two pic's of it and one had a picture of a decal on the front handle bars(triple tree plate)that said pathfinder. i think they use that name only on the bikes with the forward bent handle bars?

here's two different style handles they made,but both have the same style plate on the triple tree with two holes in them. making total of three different style handle bars made.

i would believe the newer style was the forward handle bars. making it more easyer to steer? early 70's ??
it would be nice if someone would have good brochure on these bikes
:scooter:.............

GTO the numbers on my original engine are model# h-35-4512sg,serial#9246 04160 .What numbers are on your engine?I thought mine said aug 21 1959 could be 69?The fenders on mine are the original chrome ones they used to have 2" wide colored decal stripes with three stipes running down the middle can't remember colors that was along time ago.The seat on mine is the orginal shape it was but should be black.

delray

chevelle71,from the looks of your serial numbers,#9246
the 9 is the year 1969 and the 246, is the 246 day of the year it was made. you got me beat by one year. i still have my original minibike bike from 1970/columbia:thumbsup:

Delray Thats right, it was "pathfinder" with a mountain man on it. I seem to have lost it in "my pics" but I printed it out and have it somewhere. I can't seem to remove the paint without wrecking the foil print.

I believe my engine is 1969 as well but it's way back in the rack to go check right now. It's still runs strong and has never been rebuilt!

Cheve, both bikes have the fenders painted over but it's good to know. Funny thing is, both bike were repainted the same color! I can see they where originally a metalic blue.

delray

gto,was there amusement park back in the day? and paint all there bikes blue and maybe you have two of them?
well it sounds good,but probable not:doah:
:scooter:....:scooter:.......

GTO yes it was metallic blue.fender decals similar to delrays post.I restore classic cars for a living & might have a source to reproduce correct decals if I could find good pictures of them.I am also gonna try to reproduce engine decals.

GTO yes it was metallic blue.fender decals similar to delrays post.I restore classic cars for a living & might have a source to reproduce correct decals if I could find good pictures of them.I am also gonna try to reproduce engine decals.
Rupp (brandt) here has the right decal kits . :thumbsup: