OzzFest 2008

OldMan

Whew!

We had a great time, the bands were good-great, the crowd well-behaved (no fights), and the SWTs plentiful! :biggrin:

Hell Yeah played an awesome set, and Ozzy was very good for a 59 year old Heavy-Metal rocker! He did all the songs I like including a couple Black Sabbath tunes.

Metallica closed out the show and thankfully didn't play anything from Load, Reload, or St. Anger! :biggrin: Their set did include songs on every album from Kill 'em All to their Black Album... and one new song called Cyanide from their new album (to be released next month) and I was very happy to hear a good song akin to those first six albums!

The 'boys and I had a great time... and Ozzy said: "I'm coming back again next year to kick your f&%$king ass!" I wonder if Sharon will let him. :biggrin:

Pics later....

Last edited:

OldMan

The Boys... the three in sleeves are my sons... the one without a shirt is my nephew.

Hell Yeah

SWT... one of many.

The Old Man

James and Kirk

The Metallica pics are jittery due to the volume of the music... Even half-way back it caused ripples in my cup of beer, and you could feel the camera vibrating when you held it!

Today, the nearest neighbors to the venue are complaining about the noise. :thefinger:

The music stated at 11:00am and Metallica ended their set at 1:00am... ain't nothing better than 14 hours of Heavy Metal music for a $100 ticket! :biggrin:

kbs8ball

AWESOME oldman !! I seen ozzy in 04 with Sabbath..he still kicks ass for an old dude. Id like to see metallica but NO ozzfest in Ohio since 04.

Cool, and looks fun. I saw Accept and Ozzy 25 years ago, back when Ozzy could walk and talk a little better :wink: He stiil sings as good as he did back then. Amazing.:thumbsup:

gbones

i went to ozzfest in '00 and '01. i dont remember much, but rob zombie was the best there. i had an incident in '00 when black sabbath was there so i didnt see them, i heard them from the parking lot, and marylyn manson. but in '01 i didnt get that drunk and rob zombie was unbeleavable. when ever ozzfest comes up in conversation with anybody i bring up rob zombie. ROB ZOMBIE is IT!