Patience pays off

In 2006 we purchased a used Honda Rebel 250 for my better half. She learned to ride the bike but hated shifting, too distracting for her. She wanted a Ridley motorcycle because it had an automatic transmission, but they were way too expensive. The next year we sold the Rebel and purchased a Yamaha Vino 125. She loves it. It is an automatic, runs 65mph wide open, gets 90 mpg, and is perfect to ride around town. Since purchasing the Vino I have still been on the hunt for a nice used Ridley. After almost 4 years of searching I found a 2006 Bobber for sale with 42 original miles on it. It has a 750cc engine with the CVT automatic transmission. Factory custom paint and the optional polished engine. The bike was right over $21,000 when originally purchased. She sat on the bike and immediately wanted it. I rode it, we loaded it in the truck, paid $5,000 for it, and headed home. The bike is the size of a 3/4 scale Harley Softail. Now we just need to sell the Vino. :thumbsup:

vette66_00

That's a pretty cool looking bike, good job on the score. Do these have a reverse gear asking because of the lever on the right side below the seat.

Same old story keeping the Better Half happy and catching a great bargain all in one shot is going to pay off big time. Great looking ride and the automatic makes so much sense today when riding in town with all the traffic.
Steve :scooter:

If I'm not mistaken it runs a briggs vanguard engine or a variation of one anyway, I've heard good things about the Ridleys and would like to ride one to see if it lives up to the talk. OCC built a chopper using tha Dixie Chopper V-twin and I believe it is a vanguard as well, it ran like heck and them OCC boys loved it. Nice score!:thumbsup:

gbones

i believe you are correct SN, i watched that episode not to long ago. the dixie chopper was pretty cool, and atleast it didnt have webs on it:doah: and also i keep forgetting to answer your FB message, i think you have me confused with someone else, im am pretty much computer illiterate, besides OldMiniBikes, fb, and hm