Pay It Forward

Hey guys been off the forum a few months busy with school and traveling for work.

But I'm back in the saddle again.

I've got a cool project I'm working on. A few months ago summer kicked off and school was out. We had a few new kids in the neighborhood and one came by the house. He rang the doorbell and asked if I had any 4 wheelers or dirt bikes for sale I said no and he looked devastated.

A few weeks later me and my Old Man are having some beers and tinkering in the garage. The kid comes up the drive any sees my doodle bug. Granted its got a 6.5 Lifan with all the bells and whistles. He is in aww of this Minibike. He wants to "buy" it! I said well bud it's not for sale again devastated.

Since then he has been back at the house ringing the doorbell on Saturday mornings around 8am just to look at the bike and wipe it down.

It has kinda been tugging at my heart a little , I don't know his situation at home hell I don't even know the kids name just where he lives a few houses down the county road.

I decided if I found a doodle bug for a decent price i would pick it up and get it working order.

Well I bought one tonight for $50 ,motor is shot and ill need to weld up a spot on the frame but she will make a good first mini I think.

Hopefully I can get it up and running in a few weeks and talk to his parents and see if their interested in letting him have it.

Fun stuff here, cant wait to fire up a welder and get this mini road worthy,

Last edited:
we need more of this........random acts of kindness have such a positive affect and can turn things around for those it touches.........way to go............:thumbsup:

old-timer

Scamming Member
If you decide to stay with the stock motor, let me know. I have a good parts motor complete with clutch and would be more than happy to donate any parts you could use:thumbsup:

Vic

toomanytoys

make sure you get his parents permission before giving it to him.

He goes down the road, wrecks it, and suddenly mommy decides to sue you.

And of course the mother could be hot and there are many forms of payment?

I had the fire bike that everyone pitched in on and got it going again.
What do you need ?
I would like to donate something or sone cash and pay it forward.
Helmet?

Y'all are truly awesome! Mini wood I remember the fire bike, I caught the tail end of the thread , great story!!

I will defiantly let y'all know if I need anything.

So far it just needs a hole filled from rust , no prob for the welder. I'm gonna try and find a good running motor to stick in so they don't have to worry about working on it. A little paint over the welds and and I think she'll be a good one.

OK, I'm in too. Sendinhg a PM on that 4 hp Lifan motor.
Empty out your PM box so I can send you my contact number.

Last edited:
Alright Gents,

You all are so very generous!!

With the unexpected gracious donations, I am going to talk to his parents before going any further.

bB2NER Has graciously offered to donate a new motor.
Miniwood and buckeye have my address, and are also donating!

Cant really get much better than some minibikers!

I will keep yall posted on the answer from the parents, if it is a go or no go. I will be looking for them this weekend.

If it is a No I will return the donations received to all parties.

Again you all are a great bunch of folks

Thanks so much!

Rob Cline