Pep Boys DB 199.00

Friday, Saturday and Sunday pepboys is having the DB for 199.00. Looks like the old style. Actually the ad says Rivet in small print. Who knows:eek:ut::shrug: Might go get another tomorrow:thumbsup:

Any difference between the one at PepBoys and the .97cc version at Northern tool? It looks like it has more bells and whistles, graphics etc., for $249. Also i dint see any $29 setup charge, so only $20 more.

When I was there a few weeks ago, the manager said I could have it in the box and didn't have to pay the set up charge. Will see. gonna go in the afternoon. EZ, I would pick one up for ya but your pretty far away.:laugh::laugh::scooter:

When I was there a few weeks ago, the manager said I could have it in the box and didn't have to pay the set up charge. Will see. gonna go in the afternoon. EZ, I would pick one up for ya but your pretty far away.:laugh::laugh::scooter:
I got it waived just two weeks ago. I just had to sign a piece of paper saying I declined the 'manager prep fee'. I told them that I wasn't even going to use the motor thats on the bike. That's all they do, is change out the packing oil, fire it up and make sure it's 'safe to ride'. I walked out with a pre-assembled floor model without paying that dumb fee.

Yea I am a bit far, and my area store just sold out. All ten were gone by the time I got there, but I did get a rain check.:smile: The manager did say they will now be carrying this new Ricket by these guys.

Metal Motorsports A new,innovated company of quality off-road bikes, atv, utv

Not sure if all the PepBoys are doing it, but according to him they have had difficulty getting parts from Baja (maker of the doddle bug), and service from over seas was not good, so they switched due to many customer complaints.

Sat on the new model DB at NorthernTool, and the slanted handle bars, smaller frame sand seat is not as comfy for an adult or larger teen. Back to the drawing board.

Well, that's tempting. There's a Pep Boys in the neighborhood, and an HF sore, too, to pick up a clone. Does CJTMINI still sell those swap kits?

Not sure what he got, but the one I got the rain check on was exactly like that for $199. The inventory went fast, but a new shipment is coming in next week to cover the rain checks they gave out.:smile: